Milking Machine 101??

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by LMonty, Nov 18, 2007.

1. LMonty

LMonty New Member

Is there a good internet reference for learning about putting together and using a miking machine?

I have never used one. DH bought a nice used bucket and what I think are called claws for a two goat machine. We'll need to get the motor thingy (hey, motor thingy is a highly technical term! LOL :) ) to go with it. The bucket part we bought is being delivered in January, so I hope to have the set up done in time for the girls freshening this spring. I'd like ot research it a bit before it gets here. :)

2. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

I researched milk machines for a couple of years and talked to many people about them before we got on earlier this summer. I never did quite grasp what the different terms/parts did until I actually got to use my own machine. Luckily I had a good goat pal who stepped me though the process of buying one so I got one that is working out great for us.

Good luck,

Trisha

3. old dominion

old dominion New Member

I have milked by machine for years. When I purchase my first milking machine I cried when I received it. I couldn't understand the instructions because I didn't know what the parts were called. Great website Christine!

4. Rose

Rose New Member

I am completely intimidated now. :blush2

5. coso

coso Guest

If I can put one together, actually Iv'e put two together anybody can. I'm what you might call mechanically challenged. :/

6. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

I followed Christine's website, bought a used surge bucket with pulsator, bought the rebuilt vacuum pump & then called Hamby dairy & asked them to send me whatever else I needed as it was confusing to me :). They were very nice & got me the hoses, inflations & claw that I needed......it cost me under $500 total. If I can do it anyone can!

7. LMonty

LMonty New Member

Thank you very much! This is going to be a great help, I really appreciate it!