Milk withholding

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Bilrite Farms, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

What is the milk withholding time after using Ivermectin? I tried to search the archives and didn't seem to find anything? You can PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks.

2. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

3. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Right or wrong....I use 5 days as a withdrawal. I figure by this time and a goat's metabalism your down to the carrier rather than the drug itself.
    Kaye

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Per Saanendoah it says 6 days.

5. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

They give Ivermectin to people in countries where many parasites affect humans. I think the 5 day would be plenty - if you even need to do that.
    The Ivomec Eprinex has no withdrawal time for milk.

6. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

I'm not worried about it for drinking. I was wondering about using it for cheese - if it mess up the cultures?
    Thanks!

7. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol THAT I can't answer...'cause wheather I used Ivomec laced milk or not my cheese adventures still suck! :blush
    Kaye

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

ask your question in the cheeze section Christy will know

9. goatkid

goatkid New Member

We make cheese and I don't recall Ivermectin interfering with the process...but we do most of our worming here when the does first kid and we're using the milk for the kids. We've actually drank our goats' milk after worming them and it hasn't hurt us. I think alot of that withholding stuff is for the commercial industry and is mostly put out by the companies to cover their butts in case someone would be highly allergic to the stuff. I am careful to pull any doe receiving antibiotics off the milk bucket that is for human consumption for several days following treatment.
    Kathie