Milk stand question

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Whitney, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Whitney

Whitney New Member

Where is the best place to buy a milk stand? I'm looking for one that will fold up for taking to shows.

Thanks!

2. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

3. GallopingGoats

GallopingGoats New Member

I think Caprine Supply is actually a tiny bit cheaper with the shipping. If memory serves me correctly. Shannon

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I use the portable milkstands from Sydell. They are heavy but fold up and setup quickly and easily.

http://sydell.com/

My husband made me a double aluminum milkstand that's connected to the side of my gooseneck trailer and folds down when I need to milk on the road. He is now making me 2 portable aluminum milkstands to haul to shows. :D

Sara

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sara did you get that dbl milk stand from sydel? am wondering how the dbl works in the milk room may just do that for my new barn

6. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

No, I have 2 of the single stands that I use at shows. However, my husband made me a double steel milkstand modeled after the double Sydell stand. We have since sold that stand when we moved into our new barn. My new milkroom has an 8 head cement stanchion.

The double stands are really nice if you have the room.

Sara

7. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

I have the double milkstand from Sara. It is really nice!!! You can fit 4 ND milkers on there at one time :biggrin The only issues I have with it is that we use it for both our ND and Alpines and the ND have a shorter body length so some days when I'm feeling especially old reaching that far from the back of the milk stand to put on the inflations can do quite a number on my back. Just something to think about.

We started out with a solidly built wooden milk stand that I still use for my grooming and hoof trimming stand. We also use it for training the 1st fresheners. The guys here made me a single milk stand this summer out of an old bed frame and that nice metal griding. It is small and light weight and has removable legs and is great to take to shows... we were milking the does just on the ground before that.

8. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

The Sydell stands are great, very well built. Sondra, the Ebay link you gave, that gals stands are very light weight and flimsy. I ordered one out over a year ago, but returned it. Had some design flaws that could cause injury to the goats, and the platform would bow down with very little pressure. It would never hold up for very long, or with big, heavy goats. I've had my Sydell stand for 5 years and have never had any problems with it, we used it for our Boer also, when we still had them. I take this stand to shows, use it for clipping, foot trimming, and use it for my AI stand. It was a very good investment!

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I know alot of folks out here have the ones that Cactus Point sells....and darn if her name hasn't just completely left the database of my brain!!! I know the shipping was cheaper from Oregon here. Her's also come with name plates with your herd name on them :) Vicki

10. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Last I heard Michelle (Cactus Point) was no longer milking the milkstands. She also sold out of goats as well.

Sara

11. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Oh yeah...now the name...yep yep yep ;) I have an aluminum one, love it, no painting ;) vicki