Milk Bag large

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by nicamom, May 11, 2011.

1. nicamom

nicamom New Member

Hi,
    My goat is due to kid in mid June. Her bag has been full for about 2 weeks now. She does not appear to be very large in her belly yet, I am still trying to assume by looking at her that she is pregnant. Is this normal to have a milk bag this large at this point? There have been no changes in her environment. I haven't been through this in some years, so I am learning all over again.
    In the past I had an older goat who was never bred and went into a 'fase pregnancy' and her bag got big.
    I'd appreciate your comments, I really have no other information to add to her circumstances.
    Thanks!

2. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

My two FF this year both uddered up a couple months out. The first one was not big in the belly at all and kidded a single large doeling. Only way I knew she was pregnant was because of her udder. The second one is due June 1 and has a large udder...alas, it's coming in uneven, but it is big.

A couple years ago I had a FF doe come into milk when she was about one year old. She was not bred. Her udder didn't get very big but it did have milk and it was thicker than regular milk. Not drinkable by my standards.

Good luck with your kiddings!