Medicated Feed and Slaughtering

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by nitrors4, Aug 21, 2008.

1. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Okay, I know there is a withdraw period on medicated feed to slaughtering, but I have a someone unique situation I would like to present.

I have a goat that I was thinking of slaughtering, but then decided not to and gave him one feeding, with a small amount of medicated feed. Now I have decided to put him back on the chopping block. Should I wait the require days or will I be fine since it was such a small amount feed one time?

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, a small amount of medicated feed would never have been enough to even make it into the bloodstream let alone go into the meat. It takes the dosage on the bag of the drug given constantly to build blood level where you would ever have residue in meat or milk. Vicki

3. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Great! I was thinking the same, but it is always nice to have someone backup your thoughts.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Oh I love your herd name and off to check out your website! vicki

5. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Our website is a work in progress. If any of you visit the site and have suggestions please let me know. For now we have very little there, but we will get more up there soon.

6. MiaBella Farm

MiaBella Farm New Member

Oh Gosh! The website is NOT really ready, at least not in the way I want it to be...so, um, yea...it is not done...between building the barn and all the other junk we have going on PLUS no internet at home, makes keeping the website darn near impossible.

But, you know Troy has lots of time on his hands while he is SUPPOSED to be working! So, keeping the website up dated is HIS job for now. Try not to be too hard on us just yet :lol