Masterman's buck collection at Kaye's

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Tim Pruitt, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

I am lucky enough to have Kaye White as a "goat" neighbor - she's only 2 hours away. Kaye and her husband has truly been a real neighbor too and helped me - heading out in the middle of the night to help me with a sick goat last year.

Today, she showed again the same warm and caring hospitality when I took Kastdemur's Next Expediton to her farm to be collected. Thanks Kaye! You are the greatest!

Next Expedition put out 83 straws!

The Masterman's of Superior Semen collected the buck. Geoff is so easy to work with and Nancy is a nice lady. They are just great "down to earth" folks!
    They have relocated to Tennessee and so will be centrally located to serve many areas in the South. They have plans to serve the goat industry now for more years to come.

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I bet it's a good feeling to have that "insurance" in the tank, Tim. We have our bucks collected every year; it's expensive, a lot of work, but well worth it.

Sara

3. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Insurance is certainly what it is. You invest quite a bit in a buck - to have him in the tank is a good feeling.

4. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

:yes Know that feeling Tim, to have something 'extra' in the tank. Finally got my 'little' Kastdemur boy to put out a few straws.

Rett

5. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Glad to hear that Geoff and Nancy have moved a little closer.

6. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:blush Awwww...Thank you, Tim. I so enjoyed being able to talk to you.

:rofl It's in MY tank!!! Since it's such a drive for Tim, I put his semen in my tank so he could get back home.
    SSSSHHHhhhh, don't tell Tim..anyone want a deal on some REALLY NICE NUBIAN buck semen????? :rofl "Hey,I gotta' get some money back on what I spent!

Seriously, he IS a NICE nubian buck, with excellent breed character on that head....and an absolute GENTLEMAN! Super dispostion on a young buck and great semen to boot! I got to see it after the thaw. If you can't get a settle with this semen...YOU'RE doing something wrong!

Tee,hee....I'll get your semen (what's left) back to you,Tim. :lol
    Kaye

7. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Thanks Kaye!
    You are right about Kasdemur's Next Expedition. You are right about him being a gentleman. I have had lots of Nubian bucks but never one like him. He is so laid back! Kaye can vouch for this. I had him on a rope and he stood there like a big gentle dog. He didn't strain and blubber and fight to get to the teaser doe! He is still a young buck - only 1 1/2 years old.

He is the same out in the field with the does. Never rubbing all over you and pushing you around. When you put a doe in with him, he is gentle, doesn't paw her and chase, he just does his job and that's it.

Happy Thanksgiving To All!