Manna Pro Goat Minerals

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by MysticHollowGoats, Jan 31, 2008.

1. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

2. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

At a quick glance.....it looks about average compared to some others I have looked at.....maybe somebody on here uses it, and can tell you how they like it.
    Whim

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Mana Pro tag:

Crude Protein
    Min
    4.00%

(This includes not more than 4.0% equivalent crude protein from non-protein nitrogen)

Calcium
    Min
    16.00%

Calcium
    Max
    19.20%

Phosphorus
    Min
    8.00%

Salt
    Min
    12.00%

Salt
    Max
    14.40%

Potassium
    Min
    1.50%

Magnesium
    Min
    1.50%

Copper
    Min
    1350 PPM

Manganese
    Min
    2750 PPM

Zinc
    Min
    5500 PPM

Selenium
    Min
    12 PPM

Vitamin A
    Min
    300,000 IU/LB

Vitamin D3
    Min
    30,000 IU/LB

Vitamin E
    Min
    400 IU/LB

Blue Bonnet Tech Master Complete tag:

Calcium Min. 10% Max 12%
    Phos MIN 12%
    Salt Min 10% Max 12%
    Magesium Min 2.35%
    Potassium Min 1.45%
    Copper Min 2000 ppm
    Selenium Min 2.65 ppm
    Zinc Min 6000 ppm
    Manganeze Min 3500 ppm
    Cobalt Min 50 ppm
    Iodine Min 100 ppm
    Vit A min per lb 200,000 IU
    Vit D3 min per lb 30,000 IU
    Vit E min per lb 300 IU

4. MysticHollowGoats

Hmm maybe its to new of a product for anyone to have an opinion on it yet.

5. janettemoore

janettemoore New Member

I have used the MannaPro minerals for several years for my goats. I sprinkle 1/4 c. on top of their milk stand feed each morning. The girls always eat them. I like that copper is included in these minerals. Has been hard for me to try anything else, and I hate to handle block minerals.

Janette

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

The one thing you do know is that Manna Pro products are very high quality. Super multi species so really look and make sure they have enough of everything you want in them. My loose minerals are about low iron, high copper and since I also feed whole oats and not a sacked feed with extra minerals in it, I do want a really well balanced mineral (A, E, D, magnesium, Zinc, kelp, yeasts, probiotics, selenium etc.) without having to mix. Other than the lack of soy this loose mineral is nearly identical to the calf manna milk pellets. A good thing. Vicki

7. kbparham

kbparham New Member

I've been using the Manna Pro Goat Mineral since November when I got my babies. They LOVE it, I have a Meat Maker Tub in there with them, but they didn't touch that (still haven't), but went to town on the Manna Pro Minerals. My area is listed as being low/questionable for selenium - but so far all the goaties are doing fine (no other supplementation). I have one doe due to kid in 2 weeks. If that goes well too I think I'll continue to use them. They don't carry them locally, I ordered through Jeffers, but didn't have to pay freight so I didn't mind. One thing I don't have to worry about is if they are getting enough mineral. I offer it free choice, and have to add about a cup at least once a week. BTW - mine are alos BONKERS for the Manna Pro Goat Treats. It's the licorice flavor I'm certain. I gave Probios once when we first brought them here and they didn't want it - until I gound up some of the goat treats in the food processor and then added the probios paste making a crumble. They attacked me for it!

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Welcome to the forum Kathy and thanks for the great answer! Vicki

9. MysticHollowGoats

Put out some of the minerals this afternoon and boy oh boy! The fight to the mineral feeder was on LOL

Thanks for all the feedback everyone =o)

10. goatmom

goatmom New Member

I saw this product recently at TSC also - what immediately deterred me was the 8.99 per 8 lb price tag. Don't know if the amount would be adequate but it does contain AC.

11. MysticHollowGoats

Just thought I would bump this thread up since it does putain to recent conversations and it might be helpful for some.

12. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

Manna Pro Goat Minerals. Is that the actual name of it? It contains AC... that is good. Awful pricey though. ???

13. We just bought our first bag of it and I gave it to the girls. We are going to see how they do on it. :)

14. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

Thank you for the link. I saw the pic and had to laugh at myself. I have that same bag sitting right next to my desk. LOL I did not know it contained AC. YEAH! :biggrin It is "Goat Minerals" by Manna Pro. I guess the "Manna Pro" name threw me off. :lol

15. MysticHollowGoats

:lol :lol :lol

16. Manna Pro is more expensive then the rural king minerals that i was using.

The rural king mineral is 83 cents a pound, the manna pro is 1.28 a pound. Just figured it up.

17. I found that by quibbling over the amount per pound and going cheaper is not recommended. Pay the price for an excellent mineral. It just makes sense to give them the right minerals than to have their health falter and have more expense at the vets. Tammy

18. MysticHollowGoats

Right now they only sell it in the small bag, maybe we should all write them and say they should offer a larger bag. Might bring down the price a bit, it is kinda pricey for a larger herd.

19. MysticHollowGoats

Tammy, I definately agree with you!