Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to order a big shipment of lye. Who do you all recommend? I'm thinking of going with AAA.
Also sending in a big order to Columbus Foods. I'm trying to pick a few oils to expermint with besides my big order, what oil do you love in scrubs and lotions?
Thanks,
Becky

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
I can't believe you can't find something local so you don't have to pay shipping. Plumbers, machinery cleaners, pool supplies, a car wash that makes the liquid soaps for the car washes....there are tons of places that sell lye in 50 pound bags, from $25 to $35. I can't even imagine how much they are going to charge you with hasmat and shipping fees. vicki

·
Registered
723 Posts
Look in the phone book for a chemical supply company and call them and ask if they have sodium hyroxide. I get mine at a chemical supplier in Bellingham (an hour away) for $55 for 55 pounds.

Bethany

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Ditto checking the phone book. That's how I found my supplier. You may have to go to the next big city depending on where you live. That's what I did but since that's where dh works it wasn't out of the way.

G

·
We have called evrywhere around our area and No go. Everyone is to afaird to sell to us. So we had to go Online. I order thru Nuscents, at the time was the best deal for our money. And since I've already got my hasmat thru them we decided to stay with them. I have a case of lye waiting to be used. I can't wait because I miss our soap and am using store crap again. This year we are keeping two bars out of every batch for personal use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts