Lute Dosage

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by mamatomany, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

I have a potentially pregnant from her son goat....sent out a sample this week for a pg test. If she comes back positive (potentially 60 days bred) how much lute do I give her and what should I expect? ...she is about 120 lbs. now. I suspect potentially as I bought her with her 3 month old at her side, sold him day 2 of her being here, but I saw him jump on her she ran from him...anyways, she has not gone into heat yet...the other two were within a 2 day difference in their cycle...Thanks.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

2 cc IM regardless of size
    tho just so you know I often breed son back to dam

3. mamatomany

mamatomany New Member

GEEZ you guys are always throwing a loop in my thinking. That old addage, if it works its called line breeding if it doesn't it is called incest...The thought of dealing with the whole lute thing has me a little nervous. It has made interesting conversations with my 11 year old....well what if the babies are o.k., well what if its o.k. that that happened...direct me...I think there is a 101 on line breeding right?

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

You need to know first that the son is a good buck or else LUTE and using lute is easy peezy.

5. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

To breed a son back to his dam you MUST know your lines really well and be prepared to cull.

Personally, since you are new to breeding, I would lute the doe.

Sara

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Me too I should have kept my mouth shut :)

7. I know the dosage is probably over in 101, but thanks for posting it again. I have a doeling I probably need to lute too. she got in the buck pen somehow with a buck I don't want to breed to anybody and her sire. I don't even want to freshen her this year anyway. I want her to grow out some more.