Lutalyse?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Aja-Sammati, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. Aja-Sammati

    Aja-Sammati Active Member

    1,004
    0
    36
    My doe, of course one of the nice ones :mad, cycled, then short cycled 10 days later, then nothing for the last 30 days. There has been no chance of exposure to a buck. I was told that if she is 'hung up' then I should lute, then lute again in 9 days? Is this the right protocol for goats? I want to start with the easiest, I'll move on to a CIDR if it doesn't work.
     
  2. Gabe

    Gabe New Member

    65
    0
    0
    Re: Lutelayse?

    Could it be that you just missed the heat? In November heats in some of my does are not so obvious anymore.
    I had a doe short cycling last year, came in heat every couple of days. I thought she was cystic. My vet prescribed lutalyse one time and repeat in ten days. When she came in heat after the second shot, the doe was bred, and had triplets. This year she was bred with no problems. ;)
     

  3. NubianSoaps.com

    NubianSoaps.com New Member

    16,497
    0
    0
    Re: Lutelayse?

    Does recycle her at 7 to 10 days, I think the previous breeding was a heat without ovulation. Rarely do they come back in and most kid from the second breeding.

    Cystic does here recycle and are bred, over and over every 5 days, never catching until the end of the year just about the time you have given up...or after treatment.

    Don't lutelyse a doe who is likely bred from the second breeding, blood test her when she is passed the days they ask for the test. Vicki
     
  4. Kaye White

    Kaye White New Member

    1,837
    0
    0
    Wait at least 26, 30 is better, blood test her through Bio-tracking, then with results in hand. Either wait for kidding or start treatment. You still have time in this breeding season.
    Kaye
     
  5. Aja-Sammati

    Aja-Sammati Active Member

    1,004
    0
    36
    She has NOT been exposed to a buck at all- the first cycle was too soon- then she started being a pain- no signs of heat at all after the second cycle, until this weekend, about 6 days after the lute shot...does any of this sound normal? She is due for the second dose of lute on this coming tues. or wednes. I planned on her going to a nice outside buck this year, she is messing with my plans :(
     
  6. Kaye White

    Kaye White New Member

    1,837
    0
    0
    Since you've already given the 1st shot, go ahead with the 2nd shot of lute.....then, if you can get 2cc of cystorellin...give her 1cc when she is bred to the buck, wait 24hrs. and give her the other 1cc. IM This will help release eggs that are *stuck* and I've gotten good results using it in hard to breed does.

    And yes, I *used* to have a doe that it would take at least 4 days for the lute to bring her into heat. I bred her twice using lute and cystorellin because she would keep recycling on 21-29 days from Sept.-Nov. Now, notice used to have is the key words here. Hard to breed and you're outa' here!
    Kaye