Lung Worm

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by GallopingGoats, Feb 6, 2008.

1. GallopingGoats

GallopingGoats New Member

How do I get rid of it? Can't find levimasole. It's on back order every where I look. Does are all in various stages of pregnancy. Shannon

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

First off are you sure they have lung worm?? What abt Ivormec Plus given as Kaye does for 3 times every 10 days?

3. GallopingGoats

Injectable? They are coughing with no other symptoms of anything, so I figure lung worm. I had forgotten that I asked on the other thread before I posted this thread. I plead no coffee. I have ivermectin injectable on hand. I just was not clear on the dose whether it was an oral or injected. Shannon

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin Orally. I hate burning the *little ladies* if I don't have to.

I believe I'd send a sample to a lab and have a Baermann's test run.? I believe it would be cheaper than worming the whole herd without knowing if they have lung worms.?
    kaye

5. GallopingGoats

So it will burn their throats? 1cc per 50# every 10 days for 3 times orally? Correct? I would only need to dose 4 or 5 of the does. The older does are fine. Shannon

6. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

"""I have ivermectin injectable on hand.""" S.

Notice that Sondra said Ivomec plus........not regular Ivomec.

7. GallopingGoats

but on the other thread vicki said ivermectin was fine and that the plus is for liver flukes. Shannon

8. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Yes, plain ivomec will also work. + is a flukacide for liver flukes.

Orally does NOT burn...injectable does when given SQ as directed on bottle.
    Kaye

9. GallopingGoats

So Kaye, you give it injected? Not oral? Sorry, I just want to be clear and get it right. Shannon

10. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

I GIVE Injectable Ivermectin and IVOMECĀ® Plus .... ORALLY.

Only time I will give it SQ is for menegial worm! For regular worming...ORALLY.
    Kaye

11. GallopingGoats

Thank you for being patient with the slow girl :blush2 Shannon

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Lungworm is a herd wide problem. Everyone should be treated. Now if you have one pen that goes out to water than it can be contained in that one pen as long as everyone else can't be coughed on by that pen. Or you bring in a buck who coughs it all over the does he is breeding (what happened to me). Vicki