Lotion Bar Questions(several)

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Narrow Chance, Jan 18, 2008.

1. GallopingGoats

GallopingGoats Guest

What about one of those flexible mini muffin pans? That's what I use for my bath melts. Shannon

2. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I hadn't thought about that, thank you I will try them. How much do your bath melts weigh from these molds?

thanks
    Autumn

3. dblvon

dblvon New Member

OH BOY! Something else for me to try!

4. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Autumn... your going to laugh, but guess what I use for my molds??
    Ever have cinnimon rolls for breakfast? well.. we did over the holidays and wouldn't you know.. in the tube of Pillsbury Cinn. rolls is a plastic container of icing. My 'pack rat' instint kicked in.. and I now use that for my molds. They are the perfect size for my lotion bars.. and the best part.. when they are finished.. they fit in a 4 oz deep tin. I could not have found a round mold any better.. or so I think. On top of that.. the tin lid for the icing container fits inside the tin and helps the bar from sticking to the bottom.
    Shhh.. don't let on to the Dough boy that these are a God send. Walmart might go up on the price!!!
    (guess you know what we have for breakfast now.. will have to admit.. hubby is getting tired of rolls!!)

Rett

5. dblvon

dblvon New Member

Bethany,
    I saw the mold with the bee on top made by milky way molds. Do you use the 4 oz low profile tins with this mold? I finally got my beeswax to try the lotion bars but I don't want to order the wrong tins.
    Thanks!!
    gail

6. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

My whole tin situation has been a mess!!! 2 oz in just barely too small, 4 oz too big. So I ordered 3 oz from house of cans and they sent me the Wrong tins (These ugly ones with white labels on the top - but 3 oz flats) They are fixing it all for me, in the meantime I have a wholesale order waiting (she sampled and experiment and has to have them!). So the 4's are too big, three are just right. you have to pour shallow though, meaning don't fill all the way to the top of the mold.

I have a lot of tins now! I found a milky way mold that works for my 2 oz'ers and just took picks of some "limited edition" bars today so I can use those up.

Bethany

7. dblvon

dblvon New Member

So sorry your having so much trouble. But thanks for the info anyway.