Looking for pasturella vaccine

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by stacy adams, Jan 13, 2009.

1. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I found this, but don't know if this is what I need.? I'd like to vaccinate prior to showing to keep them from getting sick.. it is the same as shipping fever (I'm so confused :crazy )

I realized I didn't put any info.. :blush

Poly Serum®, 250 ml (G5PC)
    (Novartis) For use as an aid in the prevention & treatment of enteric & respiratory conditions in cattle & sheep caused by Actinomyces pyogenes, E coli, Pasteurella haemolytica, Pasturella multocida & Salmonella typhimurium. Inject SQ or IM. For prevention in calves 20-40 ml, cattle 50-75 ml and sheep 10-15 ml. for treatment in calves 40-100 ml, cattle 75-150 ml and sheep 20-40 ml.

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

speaking of Jeffers what is up with their cart? Is it just me having problems with it? The cart always shows empty

3. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

The one Shawna posted is the one I use. Most of us don't use Poly Serum or similar serums because they are made from the blood of untested animals.

Christy

4. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I never thought of that, Christy! good to know.. Thanks!

5. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Whew...Thanks Christy..I did not know that. I have been told several times to use it and thank goodness for my procrastination issues...just never ordered it...

Thanks again,

Paula