Looking for Nubian buck in rut near Tyler, TX

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by NubianSoaps.com, Jan 8, 2009.

1. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

[email protected]

Email Elizabeth if you can help her out now...Nubian please. Vicki

2. Shadow Woods Nubians

Shadow Woods Nubians New Member

Vicki, thank you so much for posting this for me. I really am hoping to find a Nubian buck right away, as I have two does not settled and no buck at all.
    However, I have found a Nigerian Dwarf breeder just 30 miles from me, and am seriously thinking of getting one of her bucks so I can get my does bred and at least have milk this year.
    I will start a new post and ask about Nigerian/Nubian crosses

Thanks,
    Elizabeth

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I live in Azle and you could use my buck however get ahold of Stacy she is in Blue Mound. [email protected]

4. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Sondra,
    Stacy lives in Blue Ridge - it is a lot closer to Tyler than Blue Mound :rofl

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yeh Janie that is what I was trying to say :)

6. Shadow Woods Nubians

I want to say first how grateful I am for the offers I've gotten. It is very kind to offer to let me use your buck, Sondra, and two others have also offered. Unfortunately, it's too far for me to drive.
    I went and looked at a beautiful little Nigerian Dwarf buck this morning--but he is very small. He has never bred a doe, and I don't know if he could have bred my two tall Nubians until he gets a bit older. So I didn't buy him and am back to square one.

I got to thinking that I wouldn't mind using a Boer buck for meat babies, and am getting the word out to all my non-goatie friends, because a lot of people know people who have Boers around here.

Thanks again,
    Elizabeth

7. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Hi Elizabeth,
    I'm pretty new to the whole goat thing, but I have a couple of thoughts.
    1) The little ND buck might be big enough if he had something to stand on, like a bale of hay or straw or something.
    2) I get the impression (perhaps incorrect) that some meat goat people are less concerned with things like CAE than dairy goat people are, so be sure if you go that route, that you are using a buck that has been tested and is part of a negative herd. (But you probably knew that already.)

8. Sharpgoat

Sharpgoat New Member

It's not C A E Its C L is what you have to worry about in meat goats.
    Just have to know the breeder and that they test and run a clean herd.
    There is some on this list. :biggrin
    Fran

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I really don't think a young ND at this time of year will be able to get the job done for you. Nubians can be quite picky so it takes a seasoned buck that knows what he is doing to get the job done. Think you made the right choice. NOW and old ND will get ur done.

10. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Elizabeth,
    I have a tested CAE neg ND buck who is an old pro and will get the job done for you- he wooed my older Nubian doe last year and produced some gorgeous mini Nubians. (without any help, apparently!) I do not know where you are located- I am in the Carthage area. I can send you pictures if you'd like.
    Donna

11. Shadow Woods Nubians

Donna,
    I am in Winnsboro, about 45 miles from Longview; Carthage isn't too far from Longview, is it? I'd love to see pictures of him! You can email them to me at [email protected] .
    Elizabeth

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Elizabeth I just remembered someone. Autumn is just 88 miles from you and has a very nice buck Oreo was born at my place he is out of a Doe I got from Vicki "Divinity" Oreo is on her buck page just scroll down and you'll see him

Maybe they would breed your does for you.
    "Goatland" on here

Autumn Groat
    Goat Land Boer Goats
    www.goatland.com
    Boer/Nubian
    Whitewright, TX

13. Shadow Woods Nubians

Thank you Sondra:) I really am liking the idea of breeding for mini-Nubians right now though, and am working out a lease with Donna. I've been googling mini Nubians and they are darling!
    Elizabeth

14. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

I totally agree about the minis...we are getting Nubians soon and I already told my husband that sometime down the road, I'd really like to get into the mini Nubians. It would be a goat addiction on steriods. :D

15. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yeh well breed those MN back to a Nubian buck so you get the good ears. I have two 1st gen that have fair ears but not correct by any means they were bred back to my Nubian. Hope you get your does bred.

16. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Kim, I emailed you for using my LaMancha/Nubian buck cross that's from my doe in my photo. This buck looks Nubian and has a lot of black . I live in Chandler/Tyler

17. Shadow Woods Nubians

Linda, thank you for your offer. I emailed you!
    Elizabeth