Loofah Soaps

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by jimandpj, Nov 18, 2008.

1. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

How thick do you cut your loofah soaps?

PJ

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I cut mine abt 1 1/2 in. but am inclinded to think 2 would be better.

3. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

Wow, and I was thinking 1/2 an inch.

PJ

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

really I think most cut them 1 in but I like them better fat :) Don't listen to me tho as I don't sell them yet

5. Linda Carney

Linda Carney New Member

I made my first batch the other day and cut 1 inch but they are really too thick. I had an end cut that was 3/4 of an inch and really visually looks a lot nicer. It feels a lot nicer in the hand. I'll cut my second batch either tonight or in the morning and will go smaller. If you use the Dan's bands to wrap the loofah slices in they will fit better if they are less than an inch. --Linda

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep less than an inch so I can sell them for the same price, although I don't do them in my unwrapped sales, only retail or wholesale. They are just too much work to get $3 for them, and I don't want to have several prices on my soap. Vicki

7. winestonefarm

winestonefarm New Member

I made some loofah soap this week and one came out awesome, the soap at the end where the saran wrap was looks like a flower. really neat.

8. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

I usually cut mine about 3/4 inch. I've stopped doing them as they are just so time consuming. I will only do them special for family and personal use now.