Lilac?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by DostThouHaveMilk, Mar 21, 2008.

1. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Is Lilac a decent seller for anyone else?
    I had a repeat buyer request I make some Lilac soap and then the two local ladies had Lilac as their favorite scent as well. I mentioned to a couple of other repeat buyers and they liked the sounds of it as well.
    I was wondering if anyone else has Lilac as a staple scent in their line up.
    I soaped 21 bars and am thinking I might not have soaped enoug this first time around. I wasn't real keen on it but I like food scents... :rofl

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I added in lotion last fall and it sold well. Added it in soap this spring and it seems to be a hit as well. Will see how the summer market is. Florals are better sellers for me than sweet and/or food scents.

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

oNe of my best sellers and always has been.. from the start
    Barbara

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Barb is your lilac EO or FO?

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I didn't think there was such a thing as Lilac EO?

BTW, I use Susan's and it's on-sale right now. I can't compare it to any other since it's the only one I've used but I think it smells nice.

6. I carry it year round. I use candle science but once received some from Susan Anderson as a sample and it smeled and soaped just like the CS one.
    Becky

7. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

I use Lilac FO Sondra, in the spring cannot keep it in stock.. or summer
    Barbara

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Yes, yes best seller, however I also do 1/2 Lavender EO and 1/2 lilac and that out sells the plain lilac! : )