Lasagna with Goat Milk Cheese

Discussion in 'Cheese & Dairy' started by lyceum, Mar 14, 2008.

1. lyceum

lyceum New Member

We have way to much milk to know what to do with it. So, we decided to make some Mozzarella and Ricotta and make lasagna. Mom had made some with store bought cheese last week and it was ok, not the best. The lasagna with Goat milk cheese was awesome. The only thing that would have made it better would have been ground goat meat. We had to settle for hamburger from one of our home grown calves.

Carisa

2. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

That sounds sooo good Carisa :D

Christy

3. buckrun

buckrun New Member

HI- I have not been able to get a good stretch to my mozzarella -
    In Ricki's book about cheesemaking it says more heat but that has only made more whey leak out. I wonder if you could give me any tips? Something goofy here!
    Thanks
    Lee

4. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Hi Lee,
    This is most commonly due to lack of acidity which can be corrected by adjusting the amount of citric acid. Late lactation milk often needs more citric. But first make sure all your temps and times were right to start with.

Christy

5. buckrun

buckrun New Member

THANKS! I will try that with early season milk. Got frustrated last fall and quit trying so that must be my problem. Thank you!
    Lee

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I haven't made good moz yet just gave up.

7. lyceum

lyceum New Member

Since I don't actually make the cheese, can't give any advice. I just eat it. LOL

Carisa