Label question

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by NubianSoaps.com, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I got the last one they had. The sale was on all week and almost everything was gone. They didn't have any of the laminate/adhesive cartridges left though. :/ But they almost always have a 40% off coupon you can print on-line so I'll have dh check next week when he's in town to see if they've gotten them restocked. They had the two sided laminate cartridge in stock (and why I didn't get one I don't know). They were $35 for 50 ft. With a 40% off coupon they'd be $21.

Assuming the other cartridge is the same price that'd be $22.46 including tax for the equiv. of 54 sheets of the full size label paper I've been using. And that was costing me $1 per sheet. A savings of just over $30. After going through two cartridges the machine will have paid for itself in my case.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I just got the labels from Barb, this is exactly what I want. So how hard are they to get the backs off :) I had to really work at it to even find the freakin end :) Very very nice, so glad you sent them because I just couldn't visualize how this thing works!

THANK YOU BARB!!!!!!!!!! vicki

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Vicki,
    they are hard to find the sticky peeling and get off.. drives me a little crazy but I do like the labels that it makes so much.. and they really are waterproof, the small ones that I sent to you, were some I made for Valentines day last year and I could not use those since I ran the labels too close to the paper.. and those that I sent to you were a whole sheet printed and cut up.. You can peel and cut but that is too much handling of the sticky side.. I use a razor thingie, the cutters with little blades that snap off, to find the back and get it off.
    Barb

4. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Rest of the labels requested by everyone is being sent out today
    Barbara

5. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Would these work on milk jugs? With condensation?

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Would be worth a try Kate they work on lotion bottles.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Which unit did you get and how much was it. I check Hobby Lobby and the 9 was $119.00
    the 5 was $49.95 but Wally world had the 5 for $19.95 that was in Colorado Springs so I decided to wait until I got home.

8. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I got the 9. But, hmmm, the 5 is only $20 at WM? I'm might just switch since I've only been able to find the smaller cartridges so far. From comparing prices it doesn't seem to be any cheaper to print larger sheets compared to more of the smaller ones. And I don't anticipate the need to do anything big.

9. Linda Carney

Linda Carney New Member

The machine at Wal-Mart looks tempting but it will only put a back onto your sticker -- it does not laminate the top. I was looking at the Xyron site and comparing the different options. There are three different machines that will take the lamination/adhesive rolls -- the Xyron 900, the Xyron 510 and the EZLaminator. You can get the machines empty for a decent price and then order just the kind of lamination/adhesive you want to use. There are probably better prices elsewhere. The 500 machine for 19.95 sure looked like a good deal to me too but not with the options that I would be buying it for.

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep it has to be the 510 from Wally World they had both there in CO don't know what they have here. maybe I looked at the price wrong. but am sure both were the same price out there.

11. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

OK, so my local craft store (A.C. Moore) has the Xyron 900 Creative Station on sale this week for $49.99 reg. $131.99. So of course I bought one. I only saw that they had the laminate/repositional adhesive cartridge for them. Do you all use the repositional adhesive backing or the permanent adhesive backing for your labels?

Thanks,

Vicki in NC

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Think I would use permanent but really don't have a clue.
    Well my Walmart here only has the 500 so guess that is out