Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
It should be fine. Just make fresh tea and start again. I have a Scoby hotel. A Gallon jar filled with scobies. I change the tea whenever I remember and they are always good to start a new batch.

Christy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I am staring my tea today thanks to Christy. :D

Hey Christy, I read your post about Mango Ceylon... do you get your tea from The Republic of Tea? That's my favorite tea supplier... I should buy stock for as much money as I spend there. :lol

Sara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Well technically I don't know if it made it. I haven't been to the post office yet. However, I am certainly counting on it being there. :lol

Thanks for the tea links... I am an addict. ;)

Sara

·
Registered
298 Posts
I must say that Christy's scooby did the trick! I took the two scoobies out and left my kefir to "mellow" another week and it make another scooby! Yippee! I've got three in a jar now! I can't drink my kombucha straight. I add it to a glass of water. Can't take the burn! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's easy to see why kombucha captured your attention with its trendy, savory, and sweet tones. But it's important not to be blinded by what is seen on the surface of things. You're right that it is made from fermented tea (usually black) sugar and a culture called "the mother". The fermentation process extends the tea sugars into such long chains they become in-bioactive so they can't feed candida or produce unhealthy digestive acids like alcohol or lactic acid. This may have some benefits for those wanting to avoid grains or restricting their gluten intake, but for cancer patients choosing foods selectively based on anti-nutrients and their ability to reduce tumor size there are way less healthy choices than fruits

101 - 110 of 110 Posts