knot at injection site

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by janettemoore, Jun 8, 2008.

1. janettemoore

janettemoore New Member

One of my older alpines has a knot (cyst, tumor?) at an injection site. It has been there for about 3 years, I guess. Bothers me more than her, but her collar sometimes rubs on it. Has anyone used Blood Root salve for this or other tumors? I'm a little timid after purchasing this and would like some comments.

Janette

2. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

A couple of my goats developed a small knot at the CD&T injection site I gave to them and I asked about it. I was told that it can either go away very slowly or never go away. Could this be what has occured with your doe? And I do not know anything about Blood Root. Sorry.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Haven't used it but can't say that it would hurt anything and would be worth a try. maybe mixing in some dmso so as to penetrate the skin more. I would shave and clean the area very good with achohol then put it on as dmso also takes in dirt and germs too. Use rubber gloves so it doesn't soak in your skin.

4. Nancy

Nancy New Member

It probably will never go away. I have a doe that is 6 who still has a knot from a CD/T shot when she was a kid.

5. janettemoore

janettemoore New Member

Thanks for the info. I like the suggestion for combining with DMSO, Sondra. I have some of that for my bum knee! Lately we are all trying to go "natural", with herbs, etc. I think our goats are benefiting also. My does are still kidding, of course, since we were late getting everyone bred. So far we have 10 new kids.....2 bucks and 8 does!!! I like our experiment with the Boer bucks and Dairy does, so far. Everyone seems healthy, too.

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Good to hear Janette what are you putting with it for your bum knee I need that.

7. janettemoore

janettemoore New Member

Hello Sondra......I use DMSO salve "as is" on my knee. If I knew something to mix with it I would!

Janette

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

am thinking msm and a mint. ????