Kidding Update

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by lyceum, Feb 25, 2008.

1. lyceum

lyceum New Member

We are now halfway through kidding!!! :biggrin We have had 21 does kid and have 20 more to go between now and June/July when the yearlings will hopefully kid. We have had 42 babies so far, 41 live! The only kid that died was inside out (I will not go into nasty details). We have had does having triplets that have never in 5-6 years had triplets for us. We sold all buy 19 kids over the weekend. We have several more to sell and then will have more does having more kids.

Our Rat Terrier (Mary Jane) and her new buddy Orbit (Dalmation) have been enjoying every baby that comes into the house. Orbit is a new addition and had never seen a goat up close and has done great. Mary Jane is in her 3rd kidding season, and has to see each and every baby that comes in.

Now, we get ready for round 2. 10 or so more does due in the next few weeks.

Carisa

2. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Thanks for sharing. :D It is very good to have so many born live and healthy. Congrats! :handclap

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WOW CONGRATULATIONS!! I haven't even started here yet tho a couple are getting close.

4. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

:woohoo congrats!!!!!!! :wow so many babies!!!!!!!
    Andi

5. Congrats!!!!

Kidding season is over for me.

6. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

7. lyceum

lyceum New Member

Of course, as soon as I posted the message, another doe kidded with healthy twins (buck and doe). :biggrin

Carisa