Kidding question of a different kind.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by MysticHollowGoats, Mar 13, 2008.

1. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

I just had a FF kid out twins(both rear feet first) on sunday and she did not have the clear string, hers was white. Not even opaque it was white through and through. It was very thick and sticky like the slime that is made for kids to play with only stickier. She did however have 2 water bubbles and one was very small and a tube like shape. Anybody ever had a doe kid without the clear goo string?

2. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

All the time. When you induce...you get the mucous plug first, then bubbles, then kids. All at one time.
    Or the mucous plug attached to the "slime".
    Kaye

3. MysticHollowGoats

She was not induced...... But I kept telling my husband "Just you watch she will be one those that pops them out without much warning". Sure enough very early mild contractions at 10pm, first scream of pain was @ 11:40ish with feet presenting. She gave us no real hard labor signs other than a couple stretches while laying down. Babies delivered, dry and nursing by 12:05. My husband was out of town and I sent him a picture message and a told ya so text at 12:08 am.
    On a side note my kids (DS11 and DD10) did a wonderful job of helping me out.

4. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

CONGRATS! That is so great! Wish mine would hurry up and get it over with. She's been having mild contractions since yesterday afternoon. Ugh! Congrats again. And give your 4-legged and 2-legged kids a big hug. They deserve it. Way to go!

-Kim

Oh yes...Mine has only had the white goo as well. Nothing clear yet.

5. eliya

eliya New Member

6. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

They are soooo CUTE !!! I LOVE the white with spots that looks like it has a bandit mask on .. LOL!!

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

AH what a darling!!

8. MysticHollowGoats

Thats a buckling of course! I let my kids name them and his name is Boomer and hers is Creamsicle.
    The dam is my daughters 4H project, really its too bad she can't be registered as she is just put together beautifully. Her udder is really nice as a FF so she just might get to stick around after fair, we shall see!