Kelsiescreations soap molds

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Anita Martin, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

Does anyone know if these folks are still in business? I've sent three or four emails over the past couple weeks and have not heard back from them. They are advertising a sale for christmas, so I was assuming they were still doing business. If not, I need to look further for my molds...darn.
    Anita :/

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Hmmm, never had a problem getting ahold of Rita.

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/kelseiscreations/ maybe catch her through her group? The gals on it will know what is up at least.

Course I am not one to email anyway, I pick up the phone and call :) Vicki

3. Anita Martin

I went back to the site and looked for a phone number, but one isn't listed. I will check the yahoo site tonight when I get home. (It's restricted here at work.)
    Anita

4. NubianSoaps.com

Office:(806)462-7370

It's right in the middle of their website, first page :) Vicki

5. Anita Martin

ohhhhhh. It's official. I'm blind! I found it Vickie, thanks!
    Anita

6. shawhee

shawhee Member

Re: Kelsiescreations soap molds - one more ? Vicki

Vicki,

Is there any mold (Kelsei's) that you prefer? I have the log mold but was interested in one of her others. Especially now that Anita has pointed out the sale..... :biggrin

Shawna

7. NubianSoaps.com

I have a custom mold, made to simulate the size soap bars I get with the Martha Mold, only bigger. It is also deeper so that I can not only pour the soap as a slab so I can swirl the tops or texture the tops, but also I can pour it as 3 logs when I don't care that the top of the soap is actually the side :) Max is a genious, he did this for me without me even asking because he just knew I would want it :) Guess he has made more than a couple of molds ???? :) vicki

8. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

I ordered the same molds that Vicki got and I LOVE them. The bars look so much nicer than what I was getting before. Now that I've used them several times, the soap just slides right out super easy. No greasing or anything.

PJ

9. shawhee

shawhee Member

Vicki or PJ,

Would you mind sharing a picture>?

Shawna

10. NubianSoaps.com

If PJ doesn't put one up I will have Troy snap one when he is here in 2 weekends to take home his girls. I will pour a batch as a slab, which is just like the martha molds, it will give you a good idea of how they are with the extra room at the top to also be able to use them as a log. The two deviders slide up and out, so you are pouring the whole 18+inches by 12+ inches of soap at once, then putting in the devider which cuts them into 3 logs, just like the MMold is. I never thought I would like a log mold. Vicki

11. shawhee

shawhee Member

Ah I think I get it.... would still like to see one. So you could pour the whole thing then divide, or you could divide and pour three small logs.... Is that what you mean?

Thanks,
    Shawna

12. jimandpj

jimandpj New Member

I'm soaping today, so I'll get photos. :)

Yep, Shawna, that's what we mean. I cut my bars a bit thinner than Vicki does, so I get 10 bars per log, for a total of 30 bars for each mold. (They average out to weigh 7 ounces). They're closer to a square shape than a rectangle.

My daughter does the swirling, she likes to swirl the whole thing, texture the top, and then put the dividers in. The only time we put the dividers in and then pour is if we're doing layered soaps and the bottom layer is thickening up. You can still push the dividers down, but because it has to displace the soap, it pushes one side of the log up higher than the others, so the bars aren't level on top. Don't know if that makes sense or just causes more confusion.

The dividers are actually pretty thick (maybe 3/4"?) I was expecting them to be thinner. The whole thing is very heavy duty.

You can buy a liner for the bottom (which I didn't get for $ reasons, but would love to). I've been laying down a cheap liner on the bottom before pouring. Then, after about 16-18 hours, I flip the mold upside down, remove the bottom of the mold, and peel off the liner. I leave the bottom exposed for an hour or two. Then, with the mold still upside down, I press down on each log until it slides down so it is touching the table. Then I grab the dividers with vice grips and remove them. Then pull off the outside of the mold. The first couple of times I made soap they were a bit sticky and I had to use a blade around the outside of the soaps. But now they've been seasoned and they generally slide right off (although oatmeal soaps can still stick some).

If I remember, I'll try to get photos of that too.

I don't ever wash them, just scrape off the soap with a putty knife.

Vicki did a great job designing them and they're wonderfully made. I would definitley recommend them for anyone that is tired of their Martha Molds or needs more molds.

PJ

13. shawhee

shawhee Member

PJ,

Thanks, and yes that makes sense. I have the regular Kelsie log mold, then some others that I use, But I want a bigger one and that sounds like it might just be what I need. Cant wait to see pictures - I am like your daughter love the swirls! :biggrin

Thanks,
    Shawna

14. Anita Martin

I finally got a hold of Rita. She said she didn't think the molds could be used interchangably as log molds or regular rectangle molds. Pics would be great! I love my log molds, except for the fact that I have to line them. I can swirl the tops or whatever, and the labels go onto a flat side, and the other side is flat also and the top is free to be what it is, without having a label on top, or having to be the bottom of the soap. I'd love to have the option to make either type of soap from one mold.
    Anita

15. NubianSoaps.com

She said she didn't think the molds could be used interchangably as log molds or regular rectangle molds.

Which molds? Not only my custom mold is slab/log but so is another one of theirs. I actually toyed with getting it, you can move around all the deviders to even pour one bar of soap, one log, or pour the whole thing, with or without deviders. It's on the tutorial. vicki

16. Anita Martin

Vickie,
    I told her that I was looking for that type of mold, that could do what your do, and she said she didn't think I could do that with hers. She's gone out of email contact again. She must not be getting my emails as she said she only got one..probably going in spam or something. I meant to call her and then she sent me an email, and I resent my dimensions, but I don't think they are going through, so I'll call on my break.
    Anita

17. Anita Martin

Is the tutuorial under another link? I couldn't see it...I looked and looked, honest. :biggrin

18. NubianSoaps.com

Shoot I was just reminded that it wasn't on their site, it was a private one. :) I thought I had saved it, let me look. Anyway just like with my mold he cut her mold to be deeper so you don't fill it up as high and it is a slab mold, fill it up higher and it is a log mold.

Going through this process with him I think sending him your soap is the easiest way to do this, so he can see both your soap as a textured top etc...but can also make the mold deep enough so you can pour it as a texture. He then can just multiply out your soap size each way. I could go bigger or it wouldn't fit into my new racks or my 'oven'. Vicki

19. Anita Martin

Whoops, I emailed Rita and asked her for the link to the tutorial, I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy as heck for sure now! :crazy I did send my dimensions, which were similar to theirs, only I wanted mine deeper, 3 1/4 inches, which is what I am using now and it works great. She emailed me this after noon. She had gotten my dimensions and was going to give them to Max for a quote.

I bought two log molds on ebay a few months ago. They were advertised as "no Line" but I do have to line them. She is worried that hers might be made out of the same material and might stick for me too. Is there a secret to getting the soap out that I missed? When I first got them, I made a batch of soap and I left it in for the normal amount of time for me, about 24 hours, and then tried to unmold. The soap stuck to the sides and when I tried to unmold, it pulled the sides off my soap. I used a metal spatula and tried and loosen it, pounded on it, beat the heck out of it, etc.It just wasn't budging.

I'll send her some soap. That's a great idea.
    thanks,
    Anita

20. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I've seen those molds on ebay and I've heard the same thing....soap stick in them. Which is why I've been leary of buying no-stick molds. So are Kelsie's made from a different material?