Kaye....PITA kidded!!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by andiplus5, Mar 11, 2008.

1. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

:woohoo
    PITA, my lovely Toggenburg, just kidded about 4:00 pm. We have beautiful twin does!!!!!!!!! :wow I counldn't believe I got 2 does!!! She is a lovely, sweet goat and a good momma. The girls are pretty sweet too.
    Kaye, a question....Has PITA ever nursed her own babies? Or have they always been pulled? Or do you know? She seemed to know everything except how to nurse. It took about an hour or two but we figured it out together. She is now nursing, but I was just curious as to why she freaked everytime they tried. She didn't mind me milking on her, just the babies trying to eat.
    Has Zinnia ever nursed? I plan on milking them in the mornings and taking the babies at night.
    Any info would be great.
    Thanks,
    Andi

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congratulations!! Twin does that is awsome!!

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Congrats on the babies and even better two DOES!!!!

4. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

WELL...it figures!! :lol I'm glad you got twin does!! Made that package deal a lot sweeter!!!
    No, she's never nursed kids. None of my does ever nurse kids. She was sold about 3 wks. after she kidded last time and was milked through.

That doe should give you more milk than you know what to do with...even nursing kids. I sold her because of the size of her udder as a FF. Just WAY too much milk for a show doe. She was somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-14#'s when she left here.

Zin has never freshened. She was too small as a doeling for Sharon to breed. Is she "looking" pregnant?? I was concerned with the shape they were in, that she might not have bred.???
    Kaye

5. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

:biggrin Pita is doing great!! Those babies are some kind of beautiful! I named them Katara and Blossom.
    Zinnia is just now starting to look like she might be pregnant. I was wondering for a while there. If she was hand bred it may not have taken, but the saanen may have gotten her. She doesn't look like she's due next week that's for sure. But she could prove me wrong since I am so new at this.
    I know one thing, both Pita and Zinnia are the sweetest goats I have ever met! Zinnia may have ADHD :rofl Can goats have that?? She is sooooo hyper!
    Great goats. I love them both so much. They are happy and content too. Pita is looking good today. She filled out nicely. Course she's been wormed so that could be it.
    Thanks for the info, Kaye
    Andi

P.S. Do I give them buzz cuts for summer? Pita looks like she would be so hot in that shag rug she's wearing! I can trim them up with our clippers. It can't be much harder than doing all 4 of my boys and my husband in one day!! :D