Just tried my new silicon mold

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

And I am soooooo in love! I have never seen anything release soap like this. I made this soap at 5 yesterday and this a.m. it literally lifted right out of the mold. Even freezer paper has to be peeled off. I have got to find more of these. But I probably never will. There was no name brand or anything on the pkg. Found it on the clearance rack at Tuesday Morning. It's a 6 cavity flower mold. Gold silicone. But this is a thinner silicone than my muffin pan. And the finish on it is smooth & shiny like glass. My silicone muffin pan comes off easy enough (though it has to be 'peeled' off) and the finish on the soap is nice and smooth. But this....oh man, I just pushed under each flower and the soap just lifted up.

Kalne

2. lynpea

lynpea New Member

Oh mannnn, I was thinking that this thread was about the slilcon LINING that goes onto the molds..... Oh well... I am glad that you found something that worked really well. I have never used the silicon molds so it's nicer to hear about the comparisons. Nice, shiney, soaps sound purdy.