Just once more please??

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Beverrlly, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

I know this has been asked to death by us "newbies" but could someone walk me step-by-step through inducing Nigerians. The doses for Lute/Dex that I read last were 2cc Lute and 5cc Dexamethasone IM (and I think someone said the dose didn't change for Nigies). Can these be given SubQ instead? I'm not really comfortable doing IM but I can if I have to. I give the lute/dex at the same time right?

Also, I read 29-36 hours before you want labor you give the shots... So if I want a Saturday birth than I give the drugs late Thursday night? Just want to make sure I have this all correct. Finally, doe's due date (day 150) is March 20th so I'm looking at giving the shots late on the 15th so that she kids on the 17th in the morning. Does that work or would it be too soon? Thanks for answering all these again.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

No earlier that 10 days and that is pushing it for the kids to live most do 4 or 5 days I think.
    2 cc each dex and lute for a dwarf and yes believe it has to be IM

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

10 days is alot. I have not even done a full week. Mine were does due on the weekend who I wanted to kid when I was here during the week, so they would kid on Tuesday/Wed when not due until Sat or Sunday.

I would think your Dex would be lower, say 3cc, Lute is a hormone so little or big a hormone is a hormone, like a vaccine is a vaccine, but Dex is a steroid and weigh dependant. Is there a good mini site with knowledgeable folks...and what am I saying surely some of the ND folks on here use this protocoal...have you PM'd Ken? And you know now that Tom R isn't a director boy wouldn't it be fun to get him on here! Vicki

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Barb said in another thread she uses 2 cc.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Well there you go!! Vicki

6. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

I believe you use 145 day gestation to figure a nigerian's due date.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member