Hopefully I will phrase this right- How do you determine when to assist a labor? I had a FF give birth Sun night. It was a large buckling for the little LaMancha. But, DH really got in there and pulled that baby out pretty quick, as soon as the afterbirth broke and we didnt see feet after only a couple of pushes. And I really mean a couple like only two or three. They were in the canal and coming but he didnt wait and went in pulled the fellow out. Both did fine and that little guy looks a week older than Vincas doelings born on Friday. In talking about it afterwards a friend and I wondered if Lydia would have done fine if she had had more time to loosen up and been able to push him out herself. DH is gunshy after Doras doeling died last month and he is NOT wanting to make the same mistake of waiting too long and letting them drown in there. (I dont know if it would have made a difference, but he seems to think he shouldnt have waited and is now ready to rush in.) So are there any tips you can suggest on how to decide to pull a baby? is there a specific time limit after the water breaks that you would wait? Or any other tips? I know that you have to go with what feels right based on each situation, but wondered what we could learn from this.