jalepeno popper recipe

Discussion in 'Cheese & Dairy' started by [email protected], Aug 15, 2008.

1. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

Someone mentioned this in another thread and I'd like to try it. Is there an actual recipe?

I was making paneer yesterday and decided not to heat to 185 for ten minutes. Looks like I made ricotta (or something) instead! So I have to use it up.

2. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

I think I was the one that mentioned jalepeno poppers. The original recipe called for cream cheese. Chevre or any creamy cheese works well.
    Halve and seed your peppers. If they are extremely hot you can soak them in milk for awhile and it tones down the heat- not sure why?
    Season your choice of cheese with a little salt and garlic powder. Stuff the pepper halves and wrap each with half a slice of bacon. Keep the ends underneath or pin with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350* for ??? LOL I'm not even sure how long it takes- 30 minutes to an hour. We like the bacon crispy and the pepper soft.

3. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

That sounds good! I make mine a little different. I posted the recipe in the sticky.

Remember, if you want to keep a recipe safe, put it in the sticky :)

Christy

4. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

I made a whole pan of them last night, put a bunch in the freezer and ate 4 for breakfast. Wow, they are so nummy.

I think I need to try the milk thing though. Everyone else said they were quite hot.

Thank you for the recipe.