Ivomec and Kids?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by haeema, Apr 14, 2008.

1. haeema

haeema New Member

:help2 What age do you give Ivomec to your kids? Do you wait until they weigh 50# or a certain age? If I feed my kids milk from Ivomec injected does, do they get the same coverage? I was told by an old farmer that this would work since my kids are between 3 weeks & 2 months of age. :crazy

I need input please.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, wormers and medications do not go through the milk and worm or medicate the kids. The carriers of the drugs are usually the only thing found in milk.

I don't use Ivermectin in kids. It's the only wormer we have that crosses the blood brain barrier in adults to kill menengial worm. Giving a wormer like this to kids when theirs is imcomplete, to me isn't a good idea. Besides the fact that Ivermectin doesn't work as well as Cydectin on anything I worm for. Vicki

3. haeema

haeema New Member

Does cydectin work on lice? I think my kids have it. They are starting to get bare spots on the fronts of their ears from rubbing on the fence. I checked my does a few hours ago and one for sure does have lice. Can I put 7dust on the kids? Thanks for your help.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I have used the lesser percentage Sevin dust for prevention of lice in broker does, but we have never had lice...sorry no idea. Vicki

5. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

We broght home a doeling (less than two weeks old) with cooties (lice/mites?) last year. I took her to our local vet (small animal and cow vet) and he said a light mist of Aadams flea and tick spray and work it into her hair. It worked.

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

use DE on the kids tis safe and no worry cover their and your eyes and nose with any dust so you don't breath it in.