Ivermectin+ at 100 Days Bred

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by cmharris6002, Dec 22, 2007.

1. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

I usually give my does Ivermectin Plus at 100 days bred. Last year I gave it to them a little early because I could tell they needed it. This year they have no signs of anemia, no coughing and look the vision of perfect health. Can I depend on these signs to necessitate ‘100 day bred’ worming or should it be viewed as a required precaution? I read that fecals are not always reliable indicators for this worming.

Christy

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

fecals are the only way to know for sure I would think

3. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

I can't find the link. But I thought I read that since most worms are dormant during this stage, the ones you are going after are flukes and lung worms. Those require a special test. I don’t mind giving them the wormer as a precaution. I was just wondering how important this worming is. Is it like the worming at kidding that should never be skipped?

Christy

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Vicki said this:

At 100 days bred I do a fecal, worm only if they need it and we rarely have to worm during pregnancy. I have started worming this dry period with Ivermectin Plus, 1cc per 30 pounds with liverflukes and lungworm a concern in my area now.

5. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Thanks Sondra, you are so awesome :D I'll have a fecal run with the added check for flukes and lung worm.

Christy