Items for mailing milk samples

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by homeacremom, Mar 20, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Where do you find small styrofoam boxes to mail milk samples?
    How much should I expect them to charge to run tests (both sides)?

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

We just took some stryofoam we had laying around and cut it up to line the inside of a priority box.

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Often times the lab you use will have styrofoam boxes available. Many labs offer a kit that includes the styrofoam box, mailing box, ice packs and sample containers.

My vet office runs milk cultures and sensitivities so I use them rather than sending milk samples to an outside lab.

Sara

4. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Maybe I should check with "my" new vet to see what could be done through them before I send off to LSU.

5. MayLOC

MayLOC New Member

We have just used our local CSU affiliate lab that runs their own cultures and sensitivities. So though the price may be higher, there is no shipping/packaging. They charge us I believe $12 for the cultures and $8 for the sensitivities. Maybe the breakdown was slightly different but the total bill was around $20.--that is the total for doing both sides.

6. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Although I have to pay for cultures ran at my local vet clinic, I save money on shipping and not to mention, I have the results much quicker.

Sara

7. MayLOC

MayLOC New Member

Yes, with no shipping costs, I figure it is about the same, except I get the results very quickly.