It was sooo good

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jo~*, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

The goat milk that is.
    I have to say that up until today I was not sure just how easy of a sell goat milk was going to be for a cow dairy raised gal, but today I drank and I mean really had a good long tall glass of goat milk for the first time, not just a little sip but a full tall glass and I have to say it was great. I mean not just good or ok but great. Now I know for a fact that even if this Saanan that I want don't work out for some reason I am still getting a goat or 3 very soon. See how it went from just two to 3.

2. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Yep goats milk is delicious....and goats are like potato chips you can't have just a few...we started with 4 and now have 20....

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Be careful with that stuff, IT'S ADDICTIVE !

4. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Oh, you think that's good, make some icecream out of it. ;)

5. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Yep there is none better! Last year we needed all of the milk for a sick baby so I poured whole "store bought" cow milk in a glass jar and brought it in from the barn. My wife said, "Tim, what is wrong with the goats? This milk is awful!" then she tasted again and said, "THIS IS COW MILK" YUCK!!! :rofl

When you get used to the real thing, nothing else will do. That's why we are milking this winter.

6. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

You just haven't lived until you've had Goat's Milk!!!! Last year during the holidays, I had to buy some store bought milk. All of my goat milk was going to sick infants. That was the first time in I can't tell you how long, that I had drank store milk, and I just couldn't handle it. Even the food cooked with it had a whang!! I bought whole milk, and I can't even imagine trying to down 2%. God sure knew what He was doing when He told us to drink goat milk :lol

7. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

Yep for us, we were just getting a few....for my son. I also intended never to milk, & certainly wasn't going to drink it! Now we have 30 something, are on 305 day milk test & have 23 freshening this spring (what was I thinking???!!). My kids wanted to take a goat on vacation so they could have their goat's milk :)

8. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

YES!! We LOVE our milk! Last year we had to buy milk for a few months and even the expensive, organic, whole milk was terrible! My hips and rear love it too! I've gained so much weight since we moved to the farm and began drinking this wonderful milk! And I thought all this hard work would keep me slim! :sniffle Nothing beats a tall glass of goat's milk and an organic oreo cookie (or 4!)! :biggrin Our favorite milk product is vinegar cheese seasoned with garlic and italian herbs!

9. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

Ah...c'mon. You can't compare store bought cow's milk to real cow's milk...or to goat's milk. I'm not surprised your wife could tell the difference.

I still can't stomach goat's milk. lol I keep trying and it is the same goat's milk that other rave about from one of our Alpine does...but yuck...Or even the LaMancha/Alpine/Nubian I have milked in the past.
    Being raised on whole, raw Jersey milk just has me spoiled...

10. Lindsey loves goat milk because she was brought up on it. I have had to pay up to $4.00 a gallon in the past. When she was little she couldn't drink any milk but goats milk. She is so happy now that she has her goaties. But as I think about it I sure pay a heck of alot more for it now. :rofl :rofl

11. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Me too! I was raised on raw Jersey milk. Had it every day, for breakfast, lunch and supper. YUP! Had 5 inches or more of yellow cream on every gallon too and lumps of it in the milk we skimmed. We made butter and lots of it.

But it won't come close to tasting as good as the milk from my Nubians. :goat

12. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I don't know why, but it kinda ticks me off when people won't even taste the milk. As though tasting something less than perfect inflicts actual pain on them or something. If someone wants me to taste something that's not harmful to me, I'll taste it. I'm not going to die.

Ok, silly rant over.

13. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks New Member

In the past no one in my family would taste the milk, or cheese or yogurt that came from my goats. I think my whole family believes food is somehow made in the grocery store & that somehow coming from the goats it's no good :). Anyways this year we had Thanksgiving at my house & I put out chips with a yogurt dill dry onion dip, some chevre with chipolte sauce .....& it was all immediately inhaled. Everyone was amazed to learn it came from my goats :)