Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Faithful Crown Nubians, May 16, 2008.

1. Is it possible for two bucks to breed a doe then the doe kids with a kid sired by each buck? So for example, let say Hannah was bred to the pygmy goat and the nubian. Is it possible for one of her kids to have a pygmy sire and the other one to have a nubian sire?

If so, does it occur often? (If they are exposed to two bucks.)

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Truly

Truly New Member

Yes, it is possible.

DNA will be required for registration.

3. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Puppies and kittens can have different fathers. Probably for the same reasons the kids can have different sires too.I believe so anyway. :)

4. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Yep had a set of triplets born this year and 1 belonged to 1 buck and had blue eyes and the other 2 belonged to the other buck ...I saw both mount her and guess it took with both...

5. Ok thankyou for the replies. Was wondering if that was possible.

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I saw that happen with a friend's goat. Nubian dam had one Nubian kid and two Boer cross kids. Kathie

7. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Hey I thought the photo's of Hanna's babies the one doeling looks full nubian, I'ld DNA her If the breeding is one you'ld keep that is. Pretty pretty baby.

8. Katarina

Katarina New Member

" Puppies and kittens can have different fathers"

uh...PEOPLE can have twins fathered by different men...

9. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

R
    I did not know that.

10. Which doeling? I love all of Hannah's babies. lol they are so pretty. :D

Thanks for the replies. :D

11. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

the very bottom two photos where the babies looking Away from you at the top of that photo, but also the photo of the one you like it looks nubian looking away, but from the front you can see the shortness of the ears. May be just a trick of camera angle.

12. Ok thanks. :)

All of the kids ears are short. But I have seen short eared nubians before. Oh well. I'm going to wait a couple months and see what they look like. No sense wasting the money on the DNA right away when a couple months from now they may change enough to show they are kinders.