Is Nuflor supposed to hurt?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by DostThouHaveMilk, Mar 5, 2008.

1. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

I've only used Nuflor once before this year and that was two winters ago. I have very little recollection of that experience.
    I am currently treating Kitty (4 year old Lamancha/Alpine/Pygmy) for pnuemonia. I do not expect her to live but everytime I go down she is still alive so I continue to treat her. I finally got my hands on some Nuflor and she acts like I am killing her everytime I give her her shot! Makes me think of injecting Ivermect.
    Is this normal?

2. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

Yep. Nuflor hurts. Most of my goats immediately lay down and look at me like I gave them a mortal blow if I use Nuflor. Hope she gets better for you.

3. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Yes, it does.
    Are you giving it every day or every other day? Are you giving banamine along with it?
    Kaye

4. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

I was planning on giving it everyday but did not give her her shots yesterday. She had 2.5ccs of Nuflor and .5ccs Banamine on Monday (late evening). I missed yesterday. I gave her another 2.5ccs Nuflor and .5ccs Banamine this morning.
    She is 85-90 pounds on a good day and has lost a great deal of weight (closer to 50-60 pounds at this point). She kidded 12/21/08 (first doe of the season). Has her firstborn doeling on her (though she is dry now). She was wormed when she kidded but looked anemic when I moved goats two Mondays ago so she stayed in the Corn Crib shed instead of being moved to the goat pen. I wormed her with Cydectin and gave her some Red Cell. Started treating her with Pen G over a week ago and moved her to Nuflor Monday after I got it. Her eyelids have pinkened up nicely but she has trouble breathing and coughs a bit. Her daughter is also coughing an I am strongly considering treating her as well.
    On Monday she and her daughter were moved back into the cow barn and are in a pen of their own.
    This doe has a very weak immune system. She is still eating and drinking, chewing her cud, making pellets, peeing, etc.

5. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Go to every day on your Nufor and Banamine. Take a temp on the kid and if it's elevated...treat her too. If it's pasturella or pneumonia it's contagious.
    Kaye

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I would be also giving this does some BoSE

7. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Yes it stings and ...dont ask why I know... :crazy Mine act like I just set them on fire and it does burn like the dickens...I also give fort.B complex when I give this also.