Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i have a mini fainting for who is very sweet. i also have a mixed breed male, but he is fixed. we have some sheep (one boy) and i doubt it, but is it possible that my goat is pregnant through the sheep? she usually has a big belly, but she was VERY hungry this morning and her stomach is huge. are there any signs (without going to a vet) that will tell me if she’s pregnant? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's very rare, but it has happened before. However, the resulting pregnancy usually doesn't come to term and if it does, the baby is stillborn. I've never heard of one surviving, anyone else know of one?

·
Registered
646 Posts
No, I don't think there is a live sample.

Reactions: Capracreek

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
There have been a few who survive, you can find them online. Cute little buggers. Extremely rare though. It would be exciting if it were!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing some Hair Sheep and did a little research about them cross breeding with goats. Yes it most certainly does happen. If it happens with Hair sheep then why not with regular sheep. The info I was reading did not make mention of the offspring survival rate. :oops:

Reactions: Capracreek
1 - 7 of 7 Posts