Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

Is Ivermectin Plus safe..

4K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  NubianSoaps.com 
#1 ·
Is it safe for pregnant does? She's 98 days bred. I've read a bunch of stuff and just can's seem to get it figured out. Her fecal shows liver flukes (lots of snails this year) and she's got clumpy poo. thanks!

#7 ·
It is difficult to tell the two eggs apart...but with the pictures and details in Goats 101 it is possible to tell the difference. If you've got flukes....the only thing that will get them is Ivomec +. Just use it at 1cc/50#'s orally.

Yes, use Ivomec Plus during pregnancy. I do.
Kaye

#9 ·
I use Plain Ivomec at 1cc/25 and Ivomec Plus at 1cc/50....well, unless I'm doing a 3x's-10 day treatment. Then I used Sue's recommended 1/100. I wouldn't have used this dose, except that I wanted to see if it would work. It did for liver flukes and dropped the HC count considerable, with fecals to back up the "clean up". Not a scientific research project...just my own doing. ;)
Kaye

#10 ·
I also use Ivermectin Plus for liverfluke and lungworm control at 100 days bred...some of course are 100 days bred, while some are 110 or 98 :) 1cc per 30 pounds orally. Since testing for lungworm costs more than the bottle of Ivermectin, and we know that liverflukes are now in our area, it's cheap insurance for me. Vicki

#11 ·
1cc per 50 or 1cc per 30???

doing this this weekend...

#13 ·
Good point I was about to split the difference LOL

#18 ·
I have read 10 day and 14 day... 3 weeks early would be fine I think... especially adding in the colostrum period where you do not want the milk...

#20 ·
I have never been a fan of pastes, there is no way you know how much you are really giving...I started my goating with TBZ paste, and luckily my Dad warned me about the ineffectiveness of Zole products even back in the late 80's.

I buy the injectable and use it orally. Vicki

#25 ·
You can pretty much do anything after implantation...and certainly after the first trimester. I just do it like this, which of course doesn't mean you have to :) Usually I am still milking the doe as she is reaching her 100 days and I don't want to deal with the milk withdrawal. Vicki

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.