Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

Is Ivermectin Plus safe..

4K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  NubianSoaps.com 
I also use Ivermectin Plus for liverfluke and lungworm control at 100 days bred...some of course are 100 days bred, while some are 110 or 98 :) 1cc per 30 pounds orally. Since testing for lungworm costs more than the bottle of Ivermectin, and we know that liverflukes are now in our area, it's cheap insurance for me. Vicki

The only time I repeat anything is on incoming stock in quaranteen to break the worm cycle from their previous owner's worming program. Vicki

I have never been a fan of pastes, there is no way you know how much you are really giving...I started my goating with TBZ paste, and luckily my Dad warned me about the ineffectiveness of Zole products even back in the late 80's.

I buy the injectable and use it orally. Vicki

Yep....call 1-800-jeffers and get their three catalogs, pet, equine and livestock...then buy online or send in the order. Vicki

You can pretty much do anything after implantation...and certainly after the first trimester. I just do it like this, which of course doesn't mean you have to :) Usually I am still milking the doe as she is reaching her 100 days and I don't want to deal with the milk withdrawal. Vicki

I am not going after stomach worms or lice. I am using this for lungworm and liver fluke, hence the different dosage. And I only give it subq for lice, mites and nosebots. Vicki

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.