Introduction

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by barleychown, Jun 23, 2008.

1. barleychown

barleychown Guest

Hi there!

My name is Sarah, and I am owned by many animals, but the newest of the bunch are two nigerian dwarf does. They join a flock of chickens, three trouble-making ducks, dogs, cats, birds and fish in my life. I am also a wife and my husband and I are raising my teenage sisters, all on a very large lot in a small town. :D

I have admired goats for many years, then friends of our famliy bought milking goats, and I fell in love, both with the goats and the idea.After reading many, many pages of city code, I discovered it was legal to keep goats inside my city's limits. Yay!

Then, after more reading, I decided on the nigerian dwarf breed.

All in all, the girls are doing very well, and have settled in wonderfully.

However, no matter how much reading I do, so much of it contradicts the other, and I end up more confused than when I started. :crazy

I'm SURE you wonderful people can set me straight when I have questions! :p

2. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Welcome, you'll find lots of good advice here :D

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi Sarah and WELCOME to the group. Lots of wonderful advice and a wealth load of material to read thru on Goat 101. You'll love the little Ningi's

4. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Hello! This is the place to learn how to do things right, that's for sure. I have Nigies also! Great personalities, and pretty decent milkers, too!

5. Belle

Belle New Member

Hello and welcome!

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Welcome. This is a good place to get info. I've also found it valuable to have an experienced goat breeder as a mentor when I was first starting out. Nothing beats seeing how things are done (pulling kids, disbudding, giving shots, etc) first hand. Kathie

7. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Welcome. Not only will you find good advice, people on here are very nice too!

Camille

8. Nancy

Nancy New Member

welcome. glad you found the site.

9. Truly

Truly New Member

10. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Welcome.

Leslie

11. 2Sticks

2Sticks New Member

Welcome, glad you found the forum.

Tamera

12. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Welcome hope you stay and enjoy yourself.. Tons of good info and help here when you need it.. I also raise Nigerians.. I love them..
    Barbara

13. eliya

eliya New Member

Welcome to the list Sarah! I used to raise Nigerians, now I breed only MiniNubians. Enjoy your new goats and ask all the questions you may have!

14. Terry

Terry Member

:hello :welcome

15. barleychown

barleychown Guest

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. :thankyou

16. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

:welcome and what Sondra said. IRead thru Goatkeeping 101, there is a ton of great information in there!