Introduction

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by GypsyRose, Jun 5, 2008.

1. GypsyRose

GypsyRose New Member

Hi Everyone! I have been making some posts on the forum, and want to introduce myself. My name is Tammi and I am 39 years old...will be hitting the big 40 on September 20th of this year (yuckie!) I recently (in March) moved to Texas when my boyfriend, PJ, and I purchased a house on 5 acres in Cleveland (not too far from Vicki). I do not currently own any goats (hopefully with Vicki's expertise, that won't last very long) but I do have many furry & 4 legged creatures that reside at my house, and even a couple of 2 leggers. My family consists of me and PJ (31, will be 32, Sept 19th, (now engaged), his 2 boys Jordan (11 this month) and Tyler, age 7, 2 Rottweilers, 2 pit mixes, an American bulldog & a pomeranian. We also have 9 cats, most of which live in the house and 2 guinea pigs.

PJ and I are bikers and ride with a motorcycle club called the San Jacinto HighRollers. We ride with the Liberty County Chapter based in Dayton. PJ is the Road Captain, which is an officers position, and I am an Honorary HighRoller Honey. He rides a 2000 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 (and has a Honda that he is currently rebuilding). I ride a 2008 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Nightster (which PJ bought for me in May as my engagement ring! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin. I also own a 1977 Harley Davidson sportster 1000 cc, which is currently being restored. Although we "fly colors" for the HighRollers, we are in no way associated with the outlaw clubs you often hear about. Being a HighRoller means that your family comes first, your job second and then the club! We are family oriented and support many local charities. We hold benefits to support these charities, with the Brown Bag Buddies event being the biggest event we hold annually. More information can be found at the following websites: http://www.sjhr-satx.org/ or our national website http://www.sjhr.org/ or the chapter website at: http://www.sjhrliberty.com.

Originally I was only interested in owning goats to mow my lawn in the fenced in pens in my yard, however after doing ALOT of research, and almost purchasing some kids without the necessary knowledge (Thanks Vicki!) I have decided that I want more than just a couple of lawn mowers. I visited Vicki's farm yesterday, had a tour, and absolutely fell in love with her babies! Now I want to be just like Vicki when I grow up!!! :rofl Actually with all kidding aside, I am extremely excited about my new venture into the wonderful world of goats, and I know that with Vicki as my mentor I will learn and be the best goat momma I can be! I am so glad that she has agreed to help me and look forward to working very closely with her to build my herd!!!!!

Well enough of your time has been taken up already! Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum. I have already learned so much from just reading!

Tammi LeFrancois
    Cleveland, Texas
    (herd name to be revealed soon!!!)

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Welcome Tammi!

Glad to have you. How lucky are you to be near Vicki. :)

Sara

3. GypsyRose

GypsyRose New Member

Thank you, I do feel lucky to be so close to someone so knowledgeable and so willing to take someone new under her wing!

4. Odeon

Odeon New Member

Welcome to the forum Tammi,

There are a LOT of awesome people in the forum, you will learn a lot! (of course living close to Vicki won't hurt either! lol)

Ken (Idaho Ken, not MO Ken) ;)

5. Nancy

Nancy New Member

Welcome. You will learn a lot here and you'll love owning goats. Don't forget they are highly addictive.LOL :biggrin

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi and WELCOME!! Boy am I jealous wish I lived down by Vicki. Listen to her, without her as a mentor years ago via ph calls and internet I would not have goats today. OH an now you will get to meet LeeAnne and her gang WHAT FUN a wonderful wonderful family.

7. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Hi Tammi!

Welcome to the forum. Good for you doing research before you buy, and finding an experienced goat mentor (well, one of the BEST imo). Your future goats will love you for it :D

Christy

8. Terry

Terry Member

:welcome Nice to meet you.
    Terry

9. Leo

Leo New Member

Hi,
    Welcome! You're lucky to be close to such a great group of people, this forum is a great resource as well.
    Megan

10. Belle

Belle New Member

:hi Welcome :hi

11. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Welcome to the forum! You are so lucky to live so close to Vicki! She has some bueatiful animals. I have a few from her herd in my herd and just love them!
    Theresa

12. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Hi Tammi,
    It's so cool that:
    1) You ride Harleys
    2) You have 9 housecats- I am up to 7, but I think that is my limit, plus my BF gets irritable when they are in the house so I have to encourage them to stay outside!
    3)You are a vet tech- I am as well, I work at an emergency hospital up here in Longview.
    4) You want goats and are so lucky to live close to Vicki! That's wonderful!
    Welcome to the forum!
    Donna

13. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Welcome to the forum Tammi!!

14. Hi Tammi,
    Welcome to the greatest forum on the internet (at least I think so), you won't find more information on one site than you do on DGI (DairyGoatInfo). Lindsey and I wish you great goating. Tammy

15. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Autumn

16. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

Hello. I live on the other side of the country up in the wilderness area of NY. Even up here I have learned much from Vicki. Sondra, Kaye, Sara..... The list goes on. This place is THE perfect forum to learn at. (Oh, yes and my secret..........I used to be a Texan too. :biggrin) Enjoy the very addictive goats and Welcome!

:welcome

17. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Camille

18. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

19. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Welcome. You will enjoy it here!

Leslie