Introducing all of you to Ellie Winslow

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by NubianSoaps.com, Nov 17, 2007.

1. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I don't normally do this, but with the move to our new format I really wanted Ellie to be part of our family again. I also had her write the introduction below because of all the things to help you make a thriving business our of your goats, milk, cheese, soap etc. it's her ideas. From her books, to her e newsletter to her ad writing ability. She writes all my ads that have given me all my 'avon' girls who resell my soap unwrapped, and at least 2 of my stores. She just wrote a new ad for me that will be used in magazines. Her prices are really reasonable. Let her go through your intro on your sales list, your website (I haven't had her do mine yet and you can tell) or your soap brochures. I hope she helps even one of you as much as she has me!

Thanks, Vicki

Vicki asked me to introduce myself again. I'm the owner of "Beyond the Sidewalk" and I'm all about helping farmers thrive instead of just survive.

Beyond the Sidewalk is a place to get help with rural business hurdles -
    Where farmers and crafters get help to smooth the learning curve and get results NOW... http://beyondthesidewalk.com

Services... For those with little time or who want more help

Business Consulting and Ad Writing! For as little as $20 I can write you an ad that will get you noticed!

Seminars, Workshops and Keynote speaking services... If your group needs a speaker or you'd like to sponsor a workshop on marketing for rural people...

Books/newsletter... For those who want to learn new skills:

Making Money With Goats 6th Edition--the complete goat basics all in one place..

Here's what 20-year goat veteran Ken Feaster-Eytchison had to say,
    "What could I possibly learn from a book for 'beginners'? Boy was I wrong! I use this book as a reference manual. For me, it is the ultimate resource."

Marketing Farm Products: And How To Thrive Beyond The Sidewalk --the thing that frustrates and petrifies more farmers and ranchers than any other.
    Here's what Sue Weaver, author of several livestock books says,
    "If you sell anything--any sort of home-based product at all,
    honestly, you NEED this book. It's much, MUCH better than
    any other sales or marketing book I've ever read."

Growing Your Rural Business, newsletter of weekly articles about personal and business development for farmers and crafters. Coming out in book form next year.
    "The first four newsletters were quite exciting! I actually made a map,
    called a prospective buyer to see if he was still interested, and I have
    ideas to work from. I just read through number 6 and am excited to get
    some different spins on our ads."

You get information that really helps because I've been a farmer for over 40 years.
    You get success and I get to know I'm making a difference. We both win!

2. ellie

ellie New Member

Thank you for inviting me back to the forum, Vicki. It's a superior form of education in the livestock world and much of that effectiveness is a result of those in charge!

Thanks for the nice intro and allowing me to include my information. Improving rural life is an outstanding goal and if I can help, let me know!

Best wishes to all!
    Ellie
    http://beyondthesidewalk.com

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Well thanks Ellie, and let me welcome you to this forum. We really need someone on here that can give us some helpful business practices to try to work on. I think you'll enjoy this forum as much as I do.

4. baileybunch

baileybunch New Member

Hello Ms. Winslow! I have your book and have really enjoyed it...although I am NOT making any money with my goats...right now...we do like your book and I have shared it with a friend. Maybe someday we will be to such a point as to make goats our "business" instead of our pleasure (yummy milk and milk products!).

5. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

Welcome back, Ellie!

After you joined the old forum I bought 2 of yours--"Beyond the Sidewalk" and "Making Money on Goats". Both are not only educational but very fun to read. bravo!

6. ellie

ellie New Member

Thank you both and Vicki, again. Making goats profitable...I'm the first to admit it's a big job, but possible. Glad you're liking the books!

Maybe I'll start a thread on tips one of thes days. Goat're such neat animals!

Ellie

7. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Hi Elli! I have your book Making Money with Goats and just love it! It has alot of good info in it. Living beyond the sidewalk is on my Christmas list. ;)

8. ellie

ellie New Member

Hi Theresa,

Glad you like the goat book. It's always nice to hear! Living Beyond th Sidewalk has morphed into "Marketing Farm Products." Some of the same info, but a whole lot more.

I think you'll learn a lot from it. The point being for improved marketing so goats get profitable, lol!!!

Ellie

9. Josie

Josie New Member

Hi Ellie! It's awsome to have you here if I may say so!! :)

I bought your book a year or two ago and enjoyed it. Infact I had dug it out the other day to read again and this thread pops up... feel like I definately need to now. I'm not very good at being practical with goats yet.

10. ellie

ellie New Member

I think being practical with goats takes some doing. they're so darn personable. More like pets than livestock. When we're figuring the profitability on goats, I think the fun and the entertainment value has to be factored in.

Thanks everyone...nice to be welcomed back into this great community.

Ellie
    http://beyondthesidewalk.com

11. goatmom

goatmom New Member

Hi Ellie -welcome to the forum and thank you Vicki..I just ordered a cd, have been meaning to do this for a long time so this was a good reminder for me. So now I'm looking forward to some good reading.
    Ginger

12. ellie

ellie New Member

Thanks, Ginger!

Ellie :D

13. Odeon

Odeon New Member

Ellie is my "home-girl"! Very glad to have your wealth of knowledge on this group! Ellie is just an awesome individual, and I am so pleased (greedy?) to have her back here in the west! (and only about 45 minutes from my farm!)

Ken

14. ellie

ellie New Member

Thanks, Ken,

I'm glad to be back home. Texas has lots to recommend it, but it never felt like home! Fun to visit your very well cared for goats and meet your family, too! Sp many people I only know by email, so when I get to visit in person, it's a real treat!

E

15. GallopingGoats

GallopingGoats New Member

I have the making money with goats. Love it. We recommended it to our 4-H ers. I have just ordered the marketing book. I'm sure it will be just as good. Shannon