Intro :)

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by peregrine, Jan 17, 2009.

1. peregrine

peregrine New Member

Hi there!
    I am new, posted once before without an official introduction, my name is Alisa, I have one saanen doe due to kid in about 4-6 weeks. Its my first dairy goat and my first experiences with milking--well, it will be, once she kids! LOL. I am thinking of getting into NDs as well and getting a ND buck to breed to my saanen, see if I can produce any mini-saanens here.

I am a SAHM with 3 kids, ages 7, 3 and 1. We homeschool, my husband is a wildlife biologist, as was I until I decided to stay home and start homesteading. I am also an artist and paint pet portraits and decorative furniture. We have 6 acres in NC, 2 horses, 1 donkey, 2 saanens (at the moment :lol), 3 mutts, peafowl, guineas, turkeys, chickens, and one african grey parrot.

Thanks for lending me help when you can! I wont have much advise to give around here as I am SUCH a HUGE goat NEWBIE! But I will do my best :)

Alisa~

2. Legend Hills

Legend Hills New Member

You have definitely come to the right place. Welcome! :)

3. Bethany

Bethany New Member

You certainly have. Welcome to the forum Alisa! :)

4. Liberty Alpines

Liberty Alpines New Member

Hi! And welcome to the forum! Don't be afraid to ask what might seem like dumb questions - that is how you learn. I've asked my share, and probably will have more sometime. :blush2 No matter how long you have goats there is always something new to learn.

Welcome!
    :hi

5. shawhee

shawhee Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Shawna

6. peregrine

peregrine New Member

Thanks :) I am glad to be here. i will definately be asking some dumb questions LOL.

Bethany, I see your farm name is Shekinah Springs. Thats a beautiful name. You have the divine presence dwelling with you there....I am thinking my farm and homeschool name will be SparkRoot Farm/School...similar interests we may have, mine references returning wayward divine sparks back to thier root - Source. Its a Hasidic mystical concept...We try as best we can to do that here....

7. ChristinaF.

ChristinaF. Guest

Hello and welcome! I'm another SAHM that homeschools. You'll enjoy all you'll learn here.

Blessings,
    Christina

8. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is alot of good info here and if you need help, just ask. The forum has alot of friendly people who will help you.
    Theresa

9. Leo

Leo New Member

Welcome!
    Megan

10. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Welcome. There are no dumb questions. We learn by asking. Kathie

11. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Welcome from yet another homeschooling mom. (There are quite a few of us on here.)

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi and WELCOME!!! there is a wealth of info in Goat 101 so make yourself a binder. :)

13. Gunnie

Gunnie Member

Hello and welcome!

14. Secondairy

Secondairy Member

:welcome
    Welcome to what I personally feel is the best run, and best put together goat forums on the web! And remember - the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked!

Kelly :)

15. slauxt

slauxt Guest

I can attest to the fact that if you've got questions they've got answer and they are all sooo nice and helpful. I'm a sahm too not homeschooling but virtual charter schooling.

16. peregrine

peregrine New Member

17. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Hello and Welocme! You may teach us a few things about wildlife biology before its over! lol You may not know a lot about goats now but you will learn and met some really great folks while doing it.

Go read as much as you can in Dairy Goat 101.
    Good Luck and welcome Amanda Lee

18. Daniel Babcock

Daniel Babcock Member

Welcome, you will enjoy the info and camaraderie. I am a husband of a sahm with 6 homeschooled children, 10, 9,8,5,3,2 mos. :biggrin

19. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

Hi Alisa,
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of great information on here.
    Vicki in NC