injured leg ??

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by LynninTX, Feb 9, 2008.

1. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

doeling...

younger dd just ran in yelling mom come Stella is dying!

in my breakfast nook baby yard... she got her head between the pig panel and the wall... and was choking herself

got her out of that!

But one rear leg was also stuck! How did she accomplish this??? I was not sure I was going to get her out.... stupid panel is padlocked to gate latches on the wall :crazy Got a padlock off, but could not see to get it open... all the other stupid babies were there because I was there at that corner... got her out...

I am panting... she was laying there... with my belly I could not bend over the stupid panel to pick her up... yelled for younger dd to get older dd... she got her out, but she is not putting weight on that leg...

:blush I yelled at older dd for being out of the house so long at same time older son was.... not my finer moment.

OK so Stella is 3 1/2 wks old... it does not appear broken... but is likely twisted as well as sprained since she was laying on her side as I worked it free with other babies stepping on her.... she was 15lbs last week. I just told dd to give her .2cc of banamine... and then told her oops no... .1 is good... she had already given it!

Anything else I should do?

This was one of those adreneline rush moments.... I really do NOT need those!

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I hope she is OK and I dont think the banamine will hurt her...might make her feel alot better. Arent they just a pain sometimes...always getting into trouble...well mine do...Glad she is ok

3. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

Yes, leave it to a goat to get into a situation like this!

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Poor baby
    if it swells just run some cold water over it for a bit as it helps with swelling would just leave her be and she will limp probably a few days but will heal even if broken.

5. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

Anyone ever give a goat homeopathics??? Wondering about arnica for her... hmmmm

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I have used it when I didn't have banamine but of course is slower than banamine