Induced does-baby count?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Kaye White, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Ok...I KNOW some of you have had babies this morning from inducing yesterday. What's the count so far??

I'm sitting here plinking away the hrs. waiting on my Saanen. :tapfoot Like everything else she does...in her own time!
    Kaye

2. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I am right there with ya Kaye. I have one doe that is in the early early stages of labor, pawing the ground and cocking her head and staring up at the ceiling and looking at her belly. The other one..........HUMPH!!!! She must not have got the Memo!! :lol That heifer will probably make me be out in that barn at midnight again. :twisted I guess Miss Smarty Pants Sara who induced at 1 a.m. Friday is probably already having babies. :biggrin I should have done that! :sigh

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Still waiting!!!! :sigh

Sara

4. Cotton Eyed Does

My first doe kidded at 29 hours after induction with two huge buck kids. Both are Snow Birds. Had to pull both of them. The first one was a real problem to get out. It was really scaring me for a while. I got both front feet and legs out, but I swear there wasn't room for that big head to come out. Kept working with her and she was hollering and screaming and rolling back on the ground like she was dying. Finally with both hands, right one pulling down on the legs and left one fingers working my way around his head had to get down on it and pull pretty hard to get him out. Sigh of relief from both of us girls when he popped out. Then the next one was almost as big. The other doe is looking like she is "thinking" about labor. Yep, she is gonna keep me out in that barn tonight.... I just know it.

5. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Two does kidded today, first one with twin does, easy peasy she did it all herself in 15 minutes and I just helped clean.. Nigerians
    Second doe, first freshener, had slow labor with. sluggish contractions so I was giving her calcium and that helped, she is from a heavy milking line.. I thought she was carrying one kid, NOT, she had triplets, two does and a buck... first doe was breech but very very tiny, less than one pound, but doing well and in the house with me.. Other two kids are normal sized at about 2 1/2 pounds and doing great with mom.. MOm hated the first doeling and picked her up by her hair and threw her and bit her repeatedly... She is fine with the other two.
    Oh, the last one, the buck I went in and got him out, her contractions had seemed to stop and I knew there was another in there when I did a belly bump...
    All in all, I am very happy, my kidding season is off to a good start with five kids on the ground and four of them does.. Can't beat that..
    I am dead tired and need a shower.. since the first freshener took four hours or more..
    Barbara

6. I induced Nica at 1am Friday morning.....37 hours later she finally decided to kid.
    She had them with NO complications at all. The babies are small like pygmy kids are suppose to be. She had two little doe kids. And Im keeping both of them... They are the perfect color to. :D

7. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Congrats on all the babies...keep them numbers coming..
    Autumn

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Sigh,, :sigh I have first born a doeling out of Saada Gallaway girl, followed quickly by her twin Buckling, and then Nicolette kidding 20 mins later with rapid succession triplet buck kids, all just as pretty as the next. So Poo I have four brand new pretty marked bucklings and one doeling. All have had BoSe, and a sip or two of colostrum.

9. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin Well....32 hrs. from shots...Saanen FINALLY decided to get serious!
    1st doeling- breech but no problems. 2nd doeling- right behind first in the normal birthing position!
    TWIN DOES and HUGE! :D ALL white...was kinda' hoping for a sable.

Ooooo, Chris, think how large those two would have been if you'd have waited to term!?

Sara??????

Kaye

10. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

kaye, mine took close to 42 hrs from inducing, i always give meds im too,
    barbara

11. Cotton Eyed Does

Sydney (first freshener) finally decided to start kidding at 12:08 p.m. 40 hours from induction. Beautiful, FLASHY, did I say flashy, can't wait to get pictures of these kids up. DOES. Naturally I did have a buckling reserved out of her. Poo! 2 perfect presentations. Took her a while to get them out. She kept getting up and walking around and eating and then she would go lay back down and grunt some more. This labor thing was just interferring with her routine. They both sucked down 3 ounces of colostrom and I was in bed by 2:30.
    Kaye... I am really glad I induced Cambrell. These kids are huge. One is 12 pounds and the other one is 10.5.
    Sydneys girls are smaller at 7 and 5.5 pounds.
    Tracy and/or Becky.... I'll probably have to get help with deciding what color description to write down on these kids. They are black and brown and white with trim and swirls and belts (sort of) and splashes.. :crazy

12. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Congrats on more beautiful babies...and does to boot. I am waiting on my Nigerian she is in labor now.

Autumn

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

14. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Kaye I am really Mad!! I've been breeding saanens for 8 years now, and Never have I gotten more then One doeling each year. you just started and get two! not fair. :mad :p I have three saanen does due two the 1st of march, the other within the next 3 weeks, and they had better corroperate, or so help me I will buy a saanen doeling.

15. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

I talked to Sara. She had very little sleep and is attending to her goat kids but hopefully she'll be back on the forum soon.

Trisha

16. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Thanks Trisha

17. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol Sherrie,
    This doe has kidded twice for me...twin does both times!!! And naturally I had a deposit on a buckling...both years!! Dang it! Hopefully her bred daughter will have twin bucks!! I've got enough Saanen doelings for this year!
    I don't need kids...I NEED MILK!! Come on Toggs...I need milk! :rofl
    Kaye

18. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Little Saanen doelings are so cute. I'm sure you'll easily find buyers for the surplus girls. You have nice goats. Kathie

19. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Sorry for the delayed response guys. I always seem to forget how much work freshening does and tending to kids is! :D

Apparently my does have been reading the forum as they decided that having trainwreck deliveries was the order of the season. The first doe freshened at 37 hours with a mixed up litter of quads (2B/2D) that I got sorted out after the first doeling was delivered. The second doe freshened at 39 hours with triplets (2B/1D). It was not easy sorting those babies out. All had their necks twisted around legs, around bodies, facing the opposite direction, etc. I got them delivered but sadly I lost a buck kid. The third doe freshened with a huge (14#) single doeling... on Sunday morning (meaning no sleep for me on Saturday night)! The fourth doe, well there wasn't a fourth doe. After the second shot of Lute I determined that she wasn't bred. :blush I should have known by the lack of udder development but one can hope right? I've never had that happen before. How embarrassing... now I have to tell the 3 people who ordered kids out of her that nothing is available this year. In my defense, she did look bred and she is a huge doe and carries her babies in her deep barrel.

Time to gear up for next weekend... with fingers crossed for easier deliveries!

Sara

20. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Congrats on all the babies.

Autumn