I'm a lurkin!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Oregonian Chick, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Oregonian Chick

Oregonian Chick New Member

I have been busy with feeding kids and milking (plus work) so I haven't been able to post near as much as I would like. Everyone has kidded out until May and we had a buck year :sigh. Although I can't complain as I got my 3 girls I ordered from the does plus a beautiful buckling I didn't to keep back so that was nice. Everyone was easy as pie except for poor Brandy (although she has recovered fine now). I do think that before she was going into labor but her labor was stopping which is why I thought she would have them.

I will have to post some pictures of all the pretty youngins we had born. They are all mainly out of Tempo Boitano that new buck I had bought last spring. He did a good job :D. Really pleased so far with what he did with the kids. I am excited to see the udders on all the yearlings in May also as they are out of my Lucky*Star buck.

Life is going well, work has been hectic (working 30+ hours a week) but it is bringing in a good paycheck so I can't complain. I have have cut back the herd a bit. I have the 3 LaMancha bucks, 4 LaMancha adult does (1 is being sold), 1 adult Nubian, 7 LaMancha yearlings (1 is being sold), 1 Nigerian yearling, and my 4 kids (3 does, 1 buck) I am keeping back for breeding. The rest are being sold or my mom's (she has 7 does) so total I only have 18 goats (not bad). Well 19 including my Nigerian buck but I am planning on selling him off soon. I do have excess that I am selling off but I have noticed as I am getting older I am finding out more and more what I want to keep and improve on and what I don't want. I guess I am growing up :jawdrop. Who would have thunk it!

So thats a update on the herd and my life I guess...any questions feel free to ask!

Justine

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Justine we miss you! Another new person was just telling us how she thought her doe was kidding, didn't, doe was due, wasn't...and both Christine and I said....Reminds us of our Justine when she first joined years ago!!!! Vicki

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi nice to see your still alive and kicking!!

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Hi. :hi Sounds like you have everything under control in your part of the world. Yep. We would love to see some pictures!!

5. Melissa

Melissa New Member

soooo anything on the man radar? been seeing anyone? how's your mom? what are your big 21 b-day plans?

-Melissa

6. Oregonian Chick

LOL no nothing on the man radar. No time for one :crazy. Plus I don't think any of the men around here would understand how I got so many "kids" :rofl. But when I do catch oop I mean find one I will let yall know! My mom is doing great. Her soap business has really taken off also. You can take a look at their website at www.goldenwoodsoap.com . No big plans for my 21st b-day although I am going to have peach pie and chocolate cheesecake on my b-day :biggrin.

Justine

7. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Hi. The above is probably about me. Nice to meet you. And she's right. I have no idea when my doe is due. I'm pretty nervous too but not nearly as much now. They've calmed me down a bit. :crazy :biggrin See ya around.

-Kim :)

8. farm mom

farm mom New Member

Nice to "meet" you Justine! I live in Oregon too and just got my first La Mancha doe this fall. Love, love, love her! I think I will be concentrating on La Mancha's (and maybe a few Saanen's) as I am smitten. I don't know of many people around here who have them. Our LM doe is due mid April and I'm really excited!

9. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I used to have Lamanchas when I was younger and in 4-H. They were wonderful. I loved them dearly. Glad you're addicted too. Right now, twenty years later I am getting back into goats. I'm going into Alpines though. I really like them too. :D
    Nice to meet you again Justine. Good night everyone.

-Kim

10. Oregonian Chick

Farm Mom where abouts do you live? I am about a 20-30 minute drive from Portland. I live in the Canby,Molalla, Woodburn area. Kim it is great to meet you also :D. I posted on your post about your doe also :D.

Justine

11. farm mom

farm mom New Member

I'm in Bend. We used to live in Beaverton before we moved here.