If you feed medicated meat goat pellets..???

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Qvrfullmidwife, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

If you feed medicated meat goat pellets to your doelings, at what point do you stop? Before breeding for the first time? after breeding? ????

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

100 days bred I start mixing it with their milk stand grain, until when they kid they are all on milkstand grain. Vicki

3. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

How much do you mix in? How long after they kid do you mix it in and do you use the milk for house milk? Carolyn

4. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I feed it to doelings much the same as Vicki does, and then gradually switch over so that by the time they kid, they are eating the same grain the milkers do. This way, there is no milk withdrawal time.

5. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

The medicated meat goat pellet is not recommended for lactating does. You aren't suppose to drink the milk if they are eating it. The nutritionist at Producers Coop in Bryan told me this. However it is o.k. to feed to goats that are dam raising their kids. I do mine the same way. I feed it to all the kids until about 30 days before they kid and I start switching them over to grain.

6. Rose

Rose New Member

The one our feed store has includes fish meal. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW :nooo

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Nearly all the meat goat pellets use fish and feather meal to move from their lower protein one I use to the higher protein "show" goat. Vicki