I ordered FO's and more ?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Amanda Lee, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

I ordered 3 FO's from Aromahaven:
    Love Spell
    Vanilla Sandalwood
    Lemon Verbena (4oz)

How much ppo do I use for the Wal-Mart recipe? I want nice strong lasting scents.

Does anyone wrap their soap with wax paper and leave the ends open? Then use a label to keep the paper together.

Thanks Amanda Lee

2. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

5oz for the WalMart recipe is what I use for most fragrance oils. After you soap them, please let us know how you like them! I have been very happy with Aromaheaven so far.

I have not seen soap packaged in wax paper. I am not sure if it is strong enough to keep from ripping when you take your soap in and out of boxes etc.

Christy

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I always start at .7 oz ppo. Most of my FOs are strong enough at this rate. I think that's the same as 5oz for the WM recipe....isn't that 7 lbs of oils?

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I use 5.3 of both the Sandalwood Vanilla and the Love Spell, they are both really nice, the Love Spell is like a perfumed grapefruit. I use their coconut lime verbena and it's lovely, never used the lemon verbena. One of the nicest things about their scents is that when they say bath and body safe it also means it is lovely in lotions and body butters. Vicki

5. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Vickie, The lemon verbena is a true lemon scent no fuel/ polish fake lemon smell. It is on their best selling list.

I may do this in a smaller bar for a kitchen handsoap bar. I sorta wish I had gone with the coconut lime verbena but I can order it after I sale these soaps. I started to buy Flannel Sheets too, but sadly my money want stretch far.
    Got to make some soap to make money... so I can buy more FO's.

I am happy too read that you like Love Spell and Sandalwood Vanilla. I love the smells of sandalwood and vanilla and Love Spell sound just so nice of a scent. I had to have 2 FO's that I knew would sale around here. Lemon Verbena is my wild card.
    ------
    Christy, I will write a review of the FO's. Thank you for asking me to do that.

What about parchment paper that is used in cooking? What is a less costly way of wrapping your soap with out using plastic wrap????

6. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

I think parchment could be really nice, sort of a nostalgic feel :)

Christy