I live in the Arctic!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by J-Basqo, Jan 28, 2008.

1. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

We just had a big snow storm (close to 2 feel in 48hours) and it is SOO pretty this morning. I thought I would share the photos I took on my way out to see the girls.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

Sorry, I dont know why that same photo is in there twice. That is our house though!!

3. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

4. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

I looks so cold, but very Beautiful

5. Feral Nature

Feral Nature Active Member

WOW! That is really really beautiful! I can't imagine living in a place like that! it looks so clean and fresh! It's all drizzlly and humid here today, I want to turn on the AC for just a minute just to dry the air but that would be stupid as it is not too warm, just icky. It is supposed to be 70-80s by this weekend, just hope it is dryer.

I sure do like that pic, it's very pretty! :lol

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

We have snow here, too. Not as dep where we live, but the mountains are very white. It's been getting colder out,about -2. The goats finally came out to eat a little while ago.

7. Karen Bailey

Karen Bailey New Member

That's amazing! And I'm almost wishing we'd get some snow here - Must be my Northern roots showing!

8. J-Basqo

J-Basqo New Member

Karen, You are welcome to have some of mine!!LOL I love the snow, be we got SOO much the other day that it makes it hard to function!! I am Thankful for the snow though, our well pump has been broken for almost a week (and who knows when it will be fixed) and with all this nice snow I have been able to melt just enough overnight to water every body.

[attachment deleted by admin]

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Beautiful pictures
    (I deleted the dupe)
    Now see out of what we may think is bad some GOOD come with it.
    Water for the goats:)

10. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I hope you can get your well pump fixed soon. Ours broke one summer and we had to haul water for the goats, dishes, the toilet, etc. It was a real PITA. Fortunately, our landlord let us fix it right away. The only delay was waiting for the part to come in.
    With all that snow you have, you can actually use it to insulate your house. A freind I met on another site lives in Canada and shovels snow up around her house. She says it helps keep her place warm and saves on her heating bill. We don't get that deep, easily packed show here for me to do that.

11. Melissa

Melissa New Member

wow. now that's a lot of snow. simply beautiful.

-Melissa

12. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

We haven't gotten a lot of snow here, it just snows a bit here and a bit there . Just often enough to make things miserable. The temperatures have been really cold. Our pipes have frozen 3 time...not fun...no water...goats wanting a drink, :sigh
    Starting sometime in the wee early morning we started getting freezing rain. Yipee, just what we needed. This is the worst winter in years. :sniffle
    Oh well,life goes on when you have goats.

Wendy

13. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

Wow, beautiful! We actually had a flurry or two a few weeks ago here. I was giving a winter break horse camp and you could definitely tell the Florida natives from the imports. The kids from Fl were all screaming "wow, snow, snow!" and the others were just rolling their eyes :p
    (I was in the group that was shouting "snow, snow!") LOL

14. Ravenwood

Ravenwood Guest

Beautiful pics!! Those could be Christmas cards!!! We've been in a real deep freeze this past week. Temps dropped to -52 with the windchill. YUCK! Talk about torture. The poor lil goats refuse to venture outside and haven't seen the sun in 3 days. I hope this weather goes away soon!! YUCK!

15. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Beautiful, but Yikes, kinda scarey with that much snow piled up on that roof. Anybody else see the snowy cross on top of the everygreen tree in the second picture? :D

16. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

Beautiful pictures, but just looking makes me cold. My wimpy goats'd never make it there....I carry hot water to them anytime it's in the 30's or less.

17. Pretty....but thats alot of snow. lol