I have doelings! PICS

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Feral Nature, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Saturday, Glennis had twin doelings by Kelton. Last year she had triplet bucklings. Then yesterday, her sister, Agnes had a single doeling, also Keltons. (Agnes did not conceive last year). Franny is the triplet sister of these two does and gave me twin doelings last year by kelton. So this year, Franny is bred to the MM Bandera.

So right now I have 3 kids, 100% doelings born this year. Eight more does to kid.

PICS ADDED further down in the thread! :D

2. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Re: I have doelings!

Well, woo hoo!
    Now take some photos...you know the rules. ;)

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:biggrin I knew you had been busy doing something......you ain't been on here to lighten up my day much lately.......CONGRATULATIONS on the kids.

Whim

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WOW and all does CONGRATULATIONS!!

5. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Yes, pics on the way. Right now I have to run outside, I hear a kid hollering...she crawled through a pyrenees hole and into the next pen. Just standing there calling momma.

6. MayLOC

MayLOC New Member

:biggrin yay for you Diane!!

We have started out the year with 3 bucks and 1 doe kid! :nooo and out of my two I most wanted doe kids from also!

But last year we were way outnumbered with almost all doe kids, so I guess it's my turn.

7. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Ha! Our stupid LGD makes escape tunnels between the stalls, too. Also between our back yard and our barnyard. Who do they think they're helping???:)

8. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

I was sure proud of my pyrenees though (despite all their tunneling). The two females assisted with deliveries and oh so gently cleaned up the afterbirth and attended the kids and the does. Patiently standing there as the kids tried nursing the big dogs instead of the does in each case. I moved the does and kids to another pen and the dogs dug a hole to get into that pen where they layed all night and all day today, barking at everything they saw and heard that may or may not have been a threat. The little goats do not even flinch when those dogs bark, even when standing right next to them. They are as proud of those kids as if they are their own pups.

9. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Yippie! Girls!! Now thats what we want to hear :biggrin

10. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Congrats on the doelings! Sounds like you've got some awesome dogs. Something for you to be proud of. :handclap

11. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Congratulations on your doelings. I had 4 doelings and 3 bucklings out of my 3 dairy girls that kidded. I am keeping 3 of them. WOW... I just doubled my dairy goats. Now I'll be back up to 6. I'm proud of your dogs too. That is wonderful that they are so faithful and attentive. :D

12. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Re: I have doelings! PICS

Ok, here are some pics:

Glennis, the orange doe on the left, had the twins....but Sugar wanted them really bad and helped clean them off and did alot of bonding. Poor Sugar aborted and is at loose ends. Oh, and the legs don't look all posty like that, these were newborn pics and the kids were still weird looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Agnes had one doeling that is bay colored like an Obie. Agnes is a 2 yr. old FF. She delivered on her own while I was in the house, the dog helped though. In fact, that was what alerted me, the dog was in the shed looking...worried.

[​IMG]

This is a blurry pic but it shows one of the dog holes that the kids like. Obviously, these are being dam-raised this year.

[​IMG]

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

AH they are cute Diane!! love that little banded one.

14. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Their grandma, Kelton's mom, is banded. Also, it doesn't really show in the pics, but they have nicely dished faces :D

15. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Seeing baby goats really does the heart good. Thanks for sharing the pics! :thankyou

-Kim

16. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Cute babies. Congratulations. It's so green by you. I'm jealous. We had snow today. Kathie

17. goatmom

goatmom New Member

what sweet babies Diane - I know you are doing the happy doe dance - and poor Sugar, she's making a good Aunt isn't she?

18. Nancy

Nancy New Member

Congratulations. Cute kids.