I have a chance to sell at a small health food store!

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by [email protected], Sep 30, 2008.

1. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

Oh, I'm so excited. :crazy

:woohoo

I don't even have a name for my soaps yet. I'm terrible, but I can't think of anything that sounds nice. Or that fits with the soap I make.

The store is in the cities! So I will have a good chance of finding a good market for the soaps I make.

Health food store; that means they have different needs for scents, and oils. Does anyone sell to health food stores? What kind of things do they like, if you don't mind my asking?

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

How exciting!

I often peruse down the soap isle when I'm at the HFS. I wouldn't expect them to want any 'LoveSpell' but anything with EOs or more 'natural' sounding even if it's not an EO (like OMH).

How exciting! Oh, I said that already. But it really is. :D

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

They will start with your essential oils....and don't forget that Trilogy has green FO's now. But they will soon morph to FO's as their customers want Pink Sugar and Midnight Pomegrante! If you don't make it, they will look harder and find me :)

Go to a site that sells .com's like Go Daddy...just start putting everything in you can think of, like Little Goat's Soap or Northern Exposure Soap or your herd name soap or Soap's by Jo (actually that's kind of cute :) buy the .com it's super cheap then run down and get a DBA so you can get paid by their business checks made out to your soap company...DBA's if you don't know are simply doing business as, which are filed at the courthouse of the county you are in and filed at the bank you can usually add one to your personal checking account or open a business account with it. vicki

4. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

What is a green FO? Is that fair trade, or something like that?

I don't have pink sugar or midnight promegranite. It's been hard to find nice scents. I find that actually one of the more frustrating parts of soapmaking. Scents are different for different people.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Free of parabens or any chemicals that are considered not skin safe or not friendly to the enviornment. We just talked about it on another thread.

Just bite the bullet and pick one of the vendors we all love. Aromahaven.com they are good, haven't found a scent I don't like, sell scent but also they sell candle stuff and bags to wrap your soap in etc.etc.. They tell you alot about the scent you want to purchase like if it accelerates. Vicki

6. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

o.k. I'm off to find that thread...thanks Vicki.