I guess I'm having a ton of babies on the 24 th

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by SherrieC, Feb 14, 2008.

1. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I'm still working my store on Sat. fielding tons of phone calls on thur-fri, Driving school bus full time again Monday - fri :crazy I've got 3 does due on the 23rd two does due on the 26, so I think if I lute them Saturday Morning before I take off to Farmers Market, and tell everybody at church this Sunday, I'll Not be to church the Next sunday, and drag out a catchers Mitt. I should be in for some Fine baby action on sunday? I'll of course leave a Boy watching them on Saturday. and I'll be home around 5:30 pm.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OH man would not like being you on that Sunday delivering 5 does in one day is more than I can handle:)

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Hey Sherrie,

I have the same plans for next weekend... freshening 5 does on Saturday. Nothing like starting the kidding season with a bang! :D

Here's to successful births and healthy kids!

Sara

4. WOW....I dont think I could deal with that many does kidding on the same day, maybe if they dam raised but not bottle raising!

Goodluck!!!

5. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Well, I haven't ever done it before most I've ever had was two on the same day, but my bus route is so long I'm gone for periods of a total of 3 + hours a day. I'm sure I'll manage, I've got two pritchard teats, a lambar waiting, and we found the tarps to turn the greenhouse into a make shift Kid barn so they can go Outside yeah! Everyone of the little does are gonna be keepers geez. And it is possible two of them Might go early or on sat anyway. Wine was born very early I didn't know when she was due last year, she could have inherited her mothers pro to kid early syndrome.
    I got home from the bus route and got a phone call, I was thinking oh boy here we go . and it was a Soap emergency, the lady forgot to put her bar of soap in her bag. lol I told her I'll be there Sat. and I'll make sure she gets her Blackberry Sage. : )

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I'll be having tons of them born 4 weeks from now. Seven of them came into heat over a period of two days. I don't lute mine, so have requested a week off work to kid them out.